Unhandled Archived versions directory

Aki Art
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

If the archived_versions folder archive of a mod is set up incorrectly, the game black hole crashes. The problem is, modders cannot even fix this once the mod is sent out, as the game crashes before the mod files are updated, leading to users stuck with their entire game soft locked until they manually delete the mod files.

[20:20:36.400] [1] [ERROR] Cannot iterate over $C:/Users/Aki/Documents/Klei/OxygenNotIncluded/mods/Local/SetStartDupes_dev/archived_versions/New Rich Text Document.rtf, this directory does not exist
Cannot iterate over $C:/Users/Aki/Documents/Klei/OxygenNotIncluded/mods/Local/SetStartDupes_dev/archived_versions/New Rich Text Document.rtf, this directory does not exist

In this example i used a random file incorrectly inside the archived versions folder.

Just now I updated my mod Decor Pack, and accidentally placed the version files directly in this folder, causing the same error to ship to a mod with almost 20000 subscribers, and at least a handful of users are now locked out of the game because of it, and I have no tools or ways to retcon the mistake. Please do not iterate anything but folders, and ignore files, to avoid this issue in the future.

Incorrect folder names, such as having spaces in the folder names of old versions, also causes a similar error, and with no documentation this is hard to avoid.

Edit: I have been also told Mac users can also encounter this same error, because if a .DS_Store file is automatically generated in this folder it also gets picked up by the game.

Steps to Reproduce

- Create an empty mod
- Add an archived_versions folder
- Place any unexpected file or folder structure inside
- Start Game

• Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.