Unfertilized Mealwood trees at 100% harvest get no Meal Lice

WanderingKid
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Getting some odd results from my Farmers.  I've let a Mealwood farm linger for a while due to my priority settings.  It got to 100% but no one was able to come by and farm for a bit, so they ran out of dirt for fertilization, so it Growth Halted (Fertilization).  Okay, no worries, I think.  Eventually I reassign some priorities and get a farmer to come over to go get lunch, but they're harvesting (there's two there now) and not finding any Meal Lice.  Save/reload of the game doesn't appear to fix, so it's none one of the normal glitches I see.

Save attached.

Pit - Step 2 - Coal Power Cycle 10.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Farm a bit, let your mealwood be at 100% and unfertilized, then attempt to harvest.

User Feedback

I have seen similar problems while harvesting.

While harvesting bristle blossom, if my lights turn off temporarily or I get a square of gas like chlorine or natural gas over the plant, my harvest returns nothing at all. I understand and support growth halting because of bad conditions, but it is quite wasteful for the entire growth cycle to be wasted just because the farmer harvests at the wrong time.

IMHO, either let it be harvested and return the proper items when fully grown... or force any existing harvest to be canceled at the moment conditions turn off plant growth so that the farmer can return and harvest when conditions are better without losing an entire growing cycle.. In late game, I generally have more food than I can consume and it doesn't matter, but in early game, before I can set up carefully controlled growing environments, it is quite harsh.

Share this comment