Unable to Change Job

GR33K
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

So, I've run into an Issue, One of my Dupes who was a miner that i later switched to a Courier had mastered it's job, but when i wanted to make him an Exosuit Engineer i couldn't do it. His job was at 100% and i should have been able to switch his jobs. I have no idea what caused this, and it didn't happen for any other duplicant that i had. I was able to switch his jobs when i turned on Debug Instant Build Mode (aka. Ctrl F4), When i did this the problem was fixed, i could switch his jobs around without the use of Ctrl F4. the dupe was Devon

Steps to Reproduce
Make a dupe Master all Miner Jobs (Don't know if this is necessary), Master Gofer and Courier and try to change them to Exosuit Engineer. (Don't know if this can be reproduced Effectively or Consistantly)

User Feedback

I confirm this bug, had the same error in two separate games - 100% mastery in a job without true 'job mastery' that allows to pick next promotion.

This happens for different jobs as well - in one game my scientist couldnt become tenured scientist. In another my farmer (middle step) could become more experienced farmer.

Edited by Ruryop

Share this comment

Does it really mastery? Is his name on tooltip, if you put mouse over crown icon?

There is some time between moment large percentage (such as 99.78%) shown as 100% and it really hit full 100%

Just couple of seconds passsed while you select debug mode, and he really mastered job.

Developers: possibly it will be good idea to allways round this percentage to floor, so only full 100% shows as 100%.

Edited by Prince Mandor

Share this comment

On 6/7/2018 at 7:11 PM, Prince Mandor said:

Does it really mastery? Is his name on tooltip, if you put mouse over crown icon?

There is some time between moment large percentage (such as 99.78%) shown as 100% and it really hit full 100%

Just couple of seconds passsed while you select debug mode, and he really mastered job.

Developers: possibly it will be good idea to allways round this percentage to floor, so only full 100% shows as 100%.

I thought of this too, but if i remember correctly i waited one full cycle before using debug. Also, after using debug i remember that the dupe had the stats from the job mastery despite never getting the jobs mastered notification.

On 1/7/2018 at 12:19 AM, Jackblac said:

Dont you need the general engineer aswell for exosuit engineer?

No, it is necessary for Mechatronics Engineer though, you might have gotten them mixed up.

Share this comment