[TU-211417] Busy dupes ignore new tasks

PVD
  • Pending

The problem is that if dupe is doing something and you will give him task, he will ignore you, confirmed on generators, watch video.

dupe_priority_ignore.avi

Steps to Reproduce
Place generator (low priority) and battery, make sure some dupe will go charge it, now give digging task (high priority), dupe will ignore high priority task until batteries charged,

User Feedback

they will finish the current task before starting something else regardless of priority, I think it is intended to be like that.

otherwise they would get stuck in an endless loop between 2 tasks with the same priority.

there is an argument to be made for them to prioritize player issued commands, but I feel like it works fine as is.

FYI going in Red Alert for 1 second and turning it off will reset their current task

Edited by ilpoe

Share this comment

44 minutes ago, ilpoe said:

they will finish the current task before starting something else regardless of priority, I think it is intended to be like that.

otherwise they would get stuck in an endless loop between 2 tasks with the same priority.

there is an argument to be made for them to prioritize player issued commands, but I feel like it works fine as is.

FYI going in Red Alert for 1 second and turning it off will reset their current task

With the same priority it should work like it is working now, first finish current job, then go for another.

Share this comment

For some reason, my dupes won't do an assigned task and will just idle for no reason.  Like the dupe can build, but despite the task being reachable, having sufficient resources, and set on a high priority, the dupe stays idle.  

Share this comment