[TU-210794] Power Switch/Wiring Bug And How To Fix It (Update Conversion)

vonVile
  • Pending

I just loaded my saved game after today's Thermal Update update and discovered that the 2 Water Pumps and Biodistiller showed that they were not connected to the grid even thought they were. I had my colony converted to Heavi-Wire except for where the Biodistiller was and on the same line as the Water Pump for pumping out contaminated water that were connected to a Power Switch, which was set to "off" before the update, and another to Water Pump to pump water into a water reservoir. I did have one Water Pump already connected to Heavi-Wire grid that was working, but I had set to disable and was functional.

With the Power Switch set to '"on" I first updated all the wiring to Heavi-Duty Wire and even rebuilt the equipment and that didn't work. I then loaded the saved game and got the Water pump that didn't have a Switch connected to it. I double checked the lines to the other two and they were all Heavi-Duty Wire. It wasn't until I removed the Power Switch and reloaded the game that I got the Biodistiller and contaminated Water Pump to work again.

Something happened during this update when it comes to Power Switches on pre-update saved games that are set to "off" stays off, so anything after doesn't register getting power. It could also be that Electrical and Heavi-Duty Wire are now no longer compatible, but Klei will have to confirm that.

Steps to Reproduce
In article.

User Feedback

I figured out the problem. The Power Switches are broken. I tested it by rebuilding an Air Pump with Air Filter to send collected CO2 at the bottom of my colony to my Electrolyzer and placed a switch. When everything was built I turned it to on and nothing past the switch turned on. I removed it and reloaded my game after auto-save and it worked. I'll still send you the save.

Share this comment

Ran into the same problem, had to remove all switches and reload game after that to get some parts of the grid to be "on" again

Share this comment