Transformers does not prevent wire overloads when transit tube access is charging

RulerOfHuns
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

In a circuit behind power transformers where the total power consumption is occasionally greater than the maximum safe wattage, wires will overload if a transit tube access is connected to the power circuit, but not with any other power consumer.

Setup:

power generators -> heavy watt wire -> 2 small power transformer -> conductive wire -> power consumers

Expected:

transformers should protect wire overloads

Attachments:

Overload.sav: wires start to overload almost as soon as transit tube access is connected to the circuit

No Overload.sav: no wire overload on circuit with way too many consumers, but no tube access

Overload.sav

No Overload.sav

Steps to Reproduce
- put many consumers on a wire protected by transformers -> no wire overload - attach one transit tube access to previous circuit -> wire overload

User Feedback

11 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

The linked transformer problem is known.

Do you mean when I connect the output of one transformer to the input of the other? That is not what I did:

5d67ed374db19_OxygenNotIncluded2019-08-2917_18_04.thumb.png.212d90f9c7a45e35f0fc4598acb6a255.png

11 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

You cant link 2 1kw transformers, and get 2kw.

Yes, you can. It works very well unless you connect it to a transit tube access.

Share this comment

It says nowhere that a transformer is intended to prevent overload so this may not be a bug.

Is related to my report below.

Edited by Erikvv

Share this comment

On 8/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, Erikvv said:

It says nowhere that a transformer is intended to prevent overload so this may not be a bug.

It does in the build menu:

'Protects circuit from overloading by increasing or decreasing power flow.'

Oxygen Not Included 2019-09-02 20_03_36.png

Share this comment