Timelapse screenshot crashes

ueMistakeNot
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

Since last update (358267), the game becomes unplayable every 5 minutes because of the timelapse feature.

What happens is:

1. The game tries to take a screenshot and fails (output_log.txt show "[1] [INFO] Screenshot!").
    I say  it "fails" because there is nothing in "ouput_log" showing that the screenshot was captured. From other users' feedback, there should be.
  2. The framerate drops significantly, and stays very low indefinitely (I let it run for a couple of hours).
  3. The camera becomes "stuck" in place, I can't move it with either the mouse or the keyboard, nor zoom in or out.

The only solution is to save then reload the game.

I would like to be able to temporarily disable the timelapse feature until this is resolved. Is there a way to do so ?

I started a thread in the General Discussion forum where you'll find more information about the issue: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/110197-game-freeze-log-shows-info-screenshot/?tab=comments#comment-1241833

Win7 x64, game is un-modded, background applications are down to an absolute minimum for the test, latest NVidia drivers.

Steps to Reproduce
Play for a few minutes until the game tries to save a screenshot for the timelapse.

User Feedback

Changed Status to Known Issue

Sorry, I got all excited and closed the bug. We still need to fix the freezing though! I'll look in to it, thanks for the info.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment