They starve themselves and drown themselves.

kyle8544
  • Pending

Things started going bad at some point in time and there was this one set of stairs i have at the bottom of the screen that hasn't been tampered with all game. Everyone used it. no one got stuck but one of my dups decided to just stand in the water there and drown. 

later on when i was on the track of fixing things i had a food sortage out of no where even though i had 1 dup focus on the food. Turns out she just stopped making it and decided to deliver materials. So I tried making all of them focus on making food and they just kept delivering materials to the machine. So a new dup had just came around to spawn and he had +6 cooking so i figured i needed that and he died as soon as he spawned. Said it was of starvation. So now I got dups who won't cook or make mush bars and they also won't use the toilets that are available to them. The lavatories are clogged so I learned but the other old school looking toilet was fine and ready to use. I even had them go unclog it and they still wouldn't do it. After wards they stopped building and stuff all together or only started delivering materials. I even set everything but food to priority 1 and they went to run power for out algae makers instead. 89 days in now and only 4 left and non of them well make food still and only deliver materials to stuff. 

Basically I want to know if this starvation and drowning thing is a bug.

Steps to Reproduce
I was playing the game and out of nowhere one character jumped in the water and the others just stopped making food and only delivered materials.

User Feedback

I ran into something similar last night.  We were heading towards a food shortage so I assigned my cook to get to work.  the shortage continued and i watched ass all my dupes kept constantly delivering water to the microbe musher and 3 newly built algae terrariums.  Both the terrariums and the Microbe Musher had Awaiting Delivery on them with no mention of the resource they were awaiting.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Sounds like the resource bug. For some reason, different machines will consume all resources fed to them but claim they are waiting for resources regardless of how much you feed them. Like 50kg of algae put into an oxydizer vanish within a second.

I've seen it happen with algae terrariums as well, so I assume it can trigger on any resource consuming thing. If it happens to microbe mushers, they will probably consume all food and water within a cycle...

• Like 1

Share this comment

Can't say I have.. but if the resource consumption bug affects dupes' food level, it would make sense for them to die within seconds of spawning because of it. It also means the cause is somewhere in the core functions of the game. Assuming it's not a BKS, ofcourse.

Share this comment