Thermium metal tiles are not transfering heat to thermium doors

sheaker
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Dear Klei,

I was testing some boiler designs and was struggling with low heat transfer. Finally I found that thermum metal tiles are draining heat from magma but thermium doors are not getting any hotter.

Position:

2105375430_AErasdCycle2344.thumb.png.871a8f27c7715ed695ae1d6cf57a5122.png

Save file:

AErasd Cycle 2344.sav

Steps to Reproduce

1. Load save.

2. Preview marked area.

3. With sandbox enabled pause the game, remove themium metal tiles and place them again, then un-pause the game.

4. Preview marked area.

• Like 1

User Feedback

I suspect something else getting involved into this bug... I had it also.

For me at least, it was transfering heat, but very slowly. Once I was able to solve it by moving electric cable I had behind (the one which was going to the door, and was coming from the metal tile). It was not going through metal tiles anymore, and I get back my heat exchange. Basically it doesn't make any sense, yeah. Or maybe it's a coincidence only...

And another time, I was unable to solve it, so I've just waited for the t° equilibrium to happen, slowly, but surely.

Any automation or electric cables going behind your thermium elements ?

@sheaker

But definitely, I felt more than once something was going wrong when I was struggling with this. I really hope the save you've provided will be enough to identify.

• Like 1

Share this comment

7 hours ago, OxCD said:

Any automation or electric cables going behind your thermium elements ?

In the save file from the first post power cables are not touching metal tiles but automation cables and filter gate is touching thermium doors and thermium tiles above them.

Cable.png.14baf4de80deb14ee9689a0e13d0f52f.png

But I was able to delete doors and automation and place them again but with automation not touching doors-tiles interface. It did not resolved the issue. So there is no issue with doors and automation or power management. I have to delete lower thermium tiles to 'fix' heat transfer.

Edited by sheaker
  • Like 1

Share this comment