Thermium and Niobium conversion

asko
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When processing 100 kg of thermium in Niobium in the metallurgical machine, we obtain 100 kg of NiObium. And then in the molecular blacksmith we make thermium for 5 kg of Niobium, receiving from 100 kg of Niobium 2000 kg Thermium. Thus, having received 100 kg of thermium, we processing it in NiObium and back to get infinitely a lot of thermium.

Steps to Reproduce

We get the first niobium from any planet where it is, make the thermium from it, disassemble in the metallurgical machine on Niobium and again make thermium in a molecular blacksmith. 1 to 20.

User Feedback

You can't make thermium just by using niobium. You need tungsten for that. You converting tungsten to niobium. Either volcanos of tungsten or niobium you choose to tame, it will be difficult. So what is exactly the problem?

Share this comment

11 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

You can't make thermium just by using niobium. You need tungsten for that. You converting tungsten to niobium. Either volcanos of tungsten or niobium you choose to tame, it will be difficult. So what is exactly the problem?

Tungsten is enough and it is easily mined in ice biomes, it seems to me to get a huge amount of the thermium too easy. If so conceived, then sorry. Just having received the first NiObium, I get thermium in a huge amount without using more rocket.

Edited by asko

Share this comment

This has been around for so long pre dating the DLC I have no idea if it's a bug or a feature. Back then, there were no tungsten or niobium volcanoes.

Share this comment

Yeah... Sorry about the DLC content invasion... What I ment was the conversion niobium -> thermium is not actually "free" or should be considered an exploit the thermium -> niobium conversion.

I don't think it's a bug (but I could be proven wrong at any moment... :rolleyes: )

Share this comment