Thermal insulated storage is not thermaly insulated in some case

Mantak
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I try to make mod which add new building, something like AquaTuner, but for solid matter. I make building storage thermaly insulated :

storage.SetDefaultStoredItemModifiers(StoredItemModifiers);

public static readonly List<Storage.StoredItemModifier> StoredItemModifiers = new List<Storage.StoredItemModifier>
{
Storage.StoredItemModifier.Hide,
Storage.StoredItemModifier.Insulate,
Storage.StoredItemModifier.Seal

};

But item in this building transfer heat, with surrounding enviroment. (Which they shold not). I try some diffrent approach but in the end it seems there is some bug in simm.dll.

I try to transfer item fro, building  to neutronium border, ((neutronium = no thermal transfer) this may work but it is not ideal.

Steps to Reproduce

First change slightly conveyor receptacle, make its storage thermaly insulated. Then make thermaly insulated area and fill it with hot steam 300C or more. Build conveyor receptacle in lower bottom of this area, conect it with conveyor rail with dev pump solid (Pump is outside hot room).

From "dev pump solid" send one chunk of copper ore (really only one chunk!) to receptacle. Observe copper ore in receptacle storage. No heat transfer happen (yet!!), everything is as should be. For now! But you probably guess, something sinister will happen sooon, and yes You are absolutly right. Something very sinister! Thermal transfer in thermaly isolated storage !!!

Now send another chunk of copper ore (it must be same thing, that is already in receptacle). And observe. Now temperature of copper ore in thermaly insulated storage increase!

its look like thermal isolation is breaked if one chunk absorb other chunk, but if you add other chunk (for example sand) this chunk will be still isolated.

I add Player.log becose it is required. There are nothing interesting in my player log.

User Feedback

17 hours ago, SGT_Imalas said:

chunks of ore merging equalizes their temperature....

Yes their equalize their temperature..

But: if ore chunk is generated by dev pump solid, they have same weight and same temperature. if they travel on coveyor rail, they have same path in same enviroment, so they should have sama temperature (or nearly same temperature). Mergin two chunk of same temperature should end with one chunk ore with higher weigh and same temperature. But i dont talk about slight (1 C) diffrence temperature when ore chunk merge, I talk that after merge, final chunk is no longer thermaly isolated. This mean ore chunk temperature start to increase rapidly to 300C (remember receptacle is in very hot enviroment : 300C).

Share this comment

On 3/25/2024 at 1:31 PM, Mantak said:

Yes their equalize their temperature..

But: if ore chunk is generated by dev pump solid, they have same weight and same temperature. if they travel on coveyor rail, they have same path in same enviroment, so they should have sama temperature (or nearly same temperature). Mergin two chunk of same temperature should end with one chunk ore with higher weigh and same temperature. But i dont talk about slight (1 C) diffrence temperature when ore chunk merge, I talk that after merge, final chunk is no longer thermaly isolated. This mean ore chunk temperature start to increase rapidly to 300C (remember receptacle is in very hot enviroment : 300C).

So the temperature continues to rise even though no more solid material is being merged?

Share this comment

On 4/2/2024 at 6:33 PM, psusi said:

So the temperature continues to rise even though no more solid material is being merged?

Exactly. If two ore chunk are merged in thermaly isolated storage, they lost their "magic" (they are no more thermaly isolated), so even if no other material is beeing added their temperature continualy rise.

Share this comment