The game crashes(a lot)

Nema2219
  • Pending

I know I kind of adressed these issues already in an earlier post of mine,but this will be a more in-depth analysis of these problems.

I bought this game a few days ago and I was excited to play it,but to my utter dismay,I encountered a lot of freezes/crashes,making the game barely playable(which is a damn shame,because this game has the potential to be one of best games in it's genre).

The crashes that I've encountered so far on my 96 minutes of playtime(according to Steam) are:

-a rare crash that happened the first time I pressed the "Gameplay" settings;

-when loading up an old save file,the game has a chance of freezing and/or crashing;

-After opening the game up and entering a save file/starting a new game,the first time i press the "Esc" key, the game freezes and/or crashes;

-At random times,when I press "Space" the game freezes and/or crashes;

- One time,I pressed "Exit"to close the game,and the game crashed.

Is there any way that I can fix this(since I know that many people who play the game don't encounter these freezes/crashes this often.

Also,for your convinience,Here is my "DxDiag" and "Output Log": DxDiag.txt                                 output_log.txt

I also have no save file and I have the C++ Redisputable for Visual Studio 2015(which I will try to uninstall and reinstall),and I have verified my game's cache integrity.

Steps to Reproduce
I really don't know.

User Feedback

Is your output_log.txt taken from a time when the game crashed? Also, would it be possible to get one of the old saves that causes a crash when loading?

My first guess is that you have four gigs of ram which is the minimum for ONI but if you had a background program using a bunch of memory, this could cause some issues.

Share this comment

1.My output_log.txt was taken from a time after I force quit the game(because the game was about to crash);

2.I'm sorry,I deleted the save file a few days ago(since it was one of my old save files);

3.I close all programs that were constantly running(a.k.a Skype and Google) but the issue persisted.

Also,after posting this post,I tried to start a new game,and whan I pressed "Embark",the screen went black as usual,but this time the game wouldnt load.I waited for a few minutes to see if it only took a  longer time,byut this was much longer then the game usually takes to start a new game on my computer(which is normally a few seconds).This is rare(atleast for me it is rare) though,since I have encountered this issue only once.

Edited by Nema2219

Share this comment

*Update

I  tried to start a new game,and everything was fine,the world was generating,and when the message telling you that the game has loaded popped up,instead of taking me to the screen where i choose my dupes,the game crashed,and the save file was not saved(since the process of creating that world wasn't entirely completed)

Share this comment