Telescope Researching with nothing to research

malloc
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Map was started in the current release version.  All planets have been scanned but no rockets yet launched.

During the session when the last planet was scanned, the Telescope Idle message came up and stayed up which was mildly annoying as there was nothing I could do about it given I had no research modules and there were no more planets to scan.

After a save/load/next day the Telescope Idle message no longer appears, but the researcher goes to the telescope and goes through the motions despite nothing being productively done.  Save file show Mi-Ma in the telescope doing just this.  You can send her off to do whatever but she'll come right back.  She was definitely not doing this in the previous session after finishing the final planet as I was watching her closely to get her astronaut training complete to launch the rocket!

20181031175451_1.thumb.jpg.06700e0309e361f2903fecd8bff7a55b.jpg

Acropolis.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Scan all planets without launching a rocket. Save and exit the game. Load the save. Watch a researcher sit in the telescope sucking oxygen and dreaming of better days.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

So after re-loading the attached save, Mi-Ma has gone on to her other duties so looks like this isn't reproducible at least for now.  Will report back if any other related nonsense happens!

Umm ok so Mi-Ma ignored it for a bit and I put her in the rocket prepping launch and now Otto is in the telescope, still with nothing to research/scan so it is consistent!  I just realised there's a meteor shower coming when you load the save so the doors will close which was why Mi-Ma ignored the telescope the previous cycle.

Edited by malloc

Share this comment

yup they still work on the telescope for no reason when nothing is assigned, and the message with no more destinations to research message don't show up after you discovered all destinations. Disabling the telescope stops them from wasting time in it and you will still have starmap access.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Thanks for the confirmation.  I did end up disabling it.  Does it have further use?  The data modules from the first launch went to the planetarium for research. @bountygiver

Edited by malloc

Share this comment