Sweepy crashes game when delivering to dock.

JRup
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Fixed

Random crashes are being provided by sweepy as per logs. It appears to have difficulties when delivering to dock. Attached zip file with two different instances of a crash with similar characteristics.

Besides "player.log", an additional file is provided with the contents of the crash when "copy to clipboard" is used.

Steps to Reproduce

No particular steps taken to trigger the crash. Sweepy is automatic. Self sympathetic. A loner, but not dogmatic. He'll chug along as long as there is juice in his pod. I can't tell him to sweep and crash.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I've proceeded to deconstruct all sweepys from this save file.

On a little mellower note, the muckroot hats I'd given them kinda like to drop mid tile after sweepy "vanishes" e.g.:

image.png.ea2a857ef73ec336a040abda131b0816.png

On a more positive note, I've recovered the artifacts sweepy swallowed and wouldn't return as there is no category to store them in bins...

• Like 1

Share this comment

I haven't been able to reproduce this and from other crash reports submitted it's quite rare. Looking at the code I can see two potential scenarios: 1) the Sweepy's Dock was destroyed on the same frame the Sweepy tried to unloaded, or 2) an item stored in the Sweepy was destroyed on the same frame.

I've added some defensive code to protect against both instances. If you have any insights from your save as to which case it is please let me know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 1/14/2022 at 6:56 PM, EricKlei said:

I haven't been able to reproduce this and from other crash reports submitted it's quite rare. Looking at the code I can see two potential scenarios: 1) the Sweepy's Dock was destroyed on the same frame the Sweepy tried to unloaded, or 2) an item stored in the Sweepy was destroyed on the same frame.

I've added some defensive code to protect against both instances. If you have any insights from your save as to which case it is please let me know.

Scenario 1 will not apply. No docks were deconstructed at the time of either crash.

Scenario 2 "appears to be" more likely. I recall I did switch things up so that sweepy would not be able to collect the offending item after I reloaded the game post-crash. (AKA sent dupes to sweep before instance happened via sweepy, IIRC it was sleet wheat that might have had a race against dupes.)

After this happened a couple of times I did promptly deconstruct all sweepys from game in order to wait for the sweepy thriller dance fix. (I will test this soon, but thanks in advance.)

I apologize for replying just now, but I didn't enable direct notifications for this bug report.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

I'll mark this as fixed since I added code that would prevent the crashes. If you encounter it again just reply to this thread and I'll be notified. Thanks for the report and the additional details.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment