Suffocating in breathable air

Vaaso
  • Known Issue

Don't know how this happened. The air was flowing right when the dupe started digging. As you can see it wasn't a zone full of vacumm surrounded by Ore, althought in the normal preview it showed vacuum where the dupe was standing on. I know the air showed 29.0g, but isn't it supposed to show carbon dioxide?

20170224195558_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
No clue.

User Feedback

it clearly sais in the tooltip, that the pressure is too low to be breathable. as you dug up you caused sand to fall down and block the flow of breathable oxygen, of course your dupe suffocates. try breathe in a sealed room without air ;)

Share this comment

that's true. they seem to be unsure whether to use the colors to signal the breathability in general or to color the different gases. so in this case it is dark blue because it is still oxygen and therefor "breathable" in general even if it is "unbreathable" because of low pressure. they would have to change the color of hydrogen to red, because at this time it is used for the color for "barely breathable". they also would have to change contaminated oxygen to green or something because it may be "toxic", but it is still "breathable"... they should overthink their color overlay and i guess they will at some point.

Share this comment

This is an old bug report, but it is still open, so...

I have a base of 45 duplicants.  It is well oxygenated across the whole interior, but a duplicant just suffocated to death in the middle of the base where there was 2000 g of O2 per tile (except the standard CO2 that floats around.  Occasionally, I see them suffocate in the bathroom, could going to the bathroom be a higher priority than breathing?  If so, that seems like a bit of a mistake in the list of priorities.

Share this comment