Sudden dirt wall that bypasses buildings

Xeylef
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Resources converted to dirt being transported by conveyer while blocked by same substance forms a building bypassing wall upward. All gas or liquid filled tiles will be converted to dirt as the wall forms upwards, if a building is in the way It will skip that tile and keep going up. It can skip even 3 blocks thick walls to continue on its way above them. It can also eat people.9cb822f4a32fdd999d2ec1847d18cae7.gif

Steps to Reproduce
Create a conveyor transporting slime into a tile that is already blocked by dirt that formed due to overheating the slime. If the dirt is sufficient temperature to turn the slime into more dirt on that exact tile it may form a tower of tile bypassing dirt wall on its way up toward space.
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

I had this same problem. I was transporting algae or slime past a hot tile. The tile was insulated, so I assumed the algae/slime would not cook even though the adjacent tile was really hot. I was wrong. A stock of dirt reaching to space kept appearing, and I had no idea why.

Try moving your shipping rail away from the hot area. Keep the insulated tile between it and the hot area, not on it.

I think the bug here is that insulated tiles should not be transmitting such an insane amount of heat to what's in them. Someone else reported that it's melting the ice passing through it, and freezing their insulated tiles. It almost seems like it's transferring MORE heat.

Share this comment

Conversion to dirt makes sense according to game mechanics. Building into an impossibly tall stack of blocks, through walls/buildings, doesn't make sense. Encountered this on my save, attached. A conveyor of slime is going past a former algae distiller location, directly to the right from the origin. Glad I found this bug to oint me toward the conveyor I'd forgotten about.

DirtTowerGlitchWtf.sav

Share this comment