[SU-289764] Sudden Crash (not on or near load)

DaveSatx
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

User Feedback

Hello,

I'm having trouble reproducing the crash with the save files but it's probably a crash inside the DLL for some reason.

Could you check for the most recent *.DMP file located in one of the sub-folders of:

%HOME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Klei\Oxygen Not Included\Crashes

It will probably be named crash.dmp

Share this comment

i have no folder klei in appdata/local/temp/

also checked locallow as that is where i'm finding the outputlog, no temp/klei folder.

unless you're meaning some subfolder under the steam installation - which i could not locate as well.

Share this comment

Hmm, if the crash is happening without generating a DMP file then I'm unsure what could be causing it.

Would you mind doing a file find in your AppData directory for *.dmp files at all and see if there's anything? I doubt there are ONI related crashes given they aren't in the expected location but it's worth a shot.

Share this comment

I did a search of my entire C: drive (lol) and found this file in \Appdata\Local\CrashDumps\

and found (and attached to my original post since i didn't recall i could attach to the reply duh)
OxygenNotIncluded.exe.13516.dmp  - this is my only dmp file with the game name in the title from today.

for some reason, coincident to my play time earlier today I have 9 files with a naming convention of 'SVChost.exe.NNNN.dmp' with numbers ranging from 1348 to 13156.   I only crashed twice and rarely crash at all and this pattern is not repeated on any other day.

so coincidental but interesting.

since there is a new patch version I'll keep this new information in mind when posting any further crashes :)

the file locations might be different because of my being on windows 10? *shrug*  lol

Share this comment