Stuck on Klei logo - hear background sounds from menu

QenRae
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi,

I know this is not uncommon issue. I tried all the fixes I could find with no avail (steam verified integrity, reinstall, update VC++, update Windows, graphic driver is up to date, administrative rights, compatibility for Win 7, manual setup for ONI to run on GeForce since I have also integraded card, launching direcly and not through steam,...). I use no mods.

When I start the game, it stays on the Klei screen. I can hear the background music and sounds from the menu, the game does not crash per say - it just sits still with the logo diplayed, playing sounds.

There are only two things I know of that happened before the issue occured:
- the hotfix update on July 10th
- update of my Nvidia driver

I was playing the game just July 8th or 9th before, with a fairly late-game colony (cycle 300+)

If possible, I would like to avoid rolling back the Nvidia driver, as it was an extremely enjoyable experience to get it work (can't install - won't install - won't recognize hardare... searching "nvidia driver won't install" on google gives a hint, up to this point /ONI working/ I ran on an 2018 driver because of this).

Attached is the DxDiag and output_log files.

If you could take a look I would appreciate it :)

Steps to Reproduce

Launch the game on my computer.

User Feedback

On 7/30/2020 at 3:19 AM, SharraShimada said:

Did you try disabling antivirus?

Hi, I use only windows defender, no 3rd party AV active.

Share this comment

You can make an exception for the folders used by ONI. Gamefolder and Klei-Folder in own documents. AV-software is known to make problems with ONI

Share this comment

On 8/1/2020 at 10:00 PM, SharraShimada said:

You can make an exception for the folders used by ONI. Gamefolder and Klei-Folder in own documents. AV-software is known to make problems with ONI

Did so for Win Defender, exception for both users/.../Klei folder + the steam game folder, afraid still have the same issue.

Share this comment

@QenRae do you have mods running?

Also it looks like you might need to reinstall DirectX...that's what all of the errors point to.

Edited by watermelen671

Share this comment

On 8/4/2020 at 12:29 AM, watermelen671 said:

@QenRae do you have mods running?

Also it looks like you might need to reinstall DirectX...that's what all of the errors point to.

No mods.

As for the DirectX... DirectX installer claims newest is installed and no need to fix anything. Is there a trick to manually do that? Online searches say you can't uninstall it since its part of OS since Win7 (I'm running 8.1), which of course may not necessarily be the whole truth.

Share this comment

So, resolved. Uninstalled the latest 2020 NVidia driver, let windows install the "latest" version it could find.

Now I am back at a driver from 2017, and everything runs just fine.

Share this comment