Specific Heat Capacity: {0} (J/g)/K
Thermal Conductivity: {1} (W/m)/K

STRINGS.UI.UNITSUFFIXES.HEAT.SPECIFICHEATCAPACITY

(J/g)/K

STRINGS.UI.UNITSUFFIXES.HEAT.THERMALCONDUCTIVITY

(W/m)/K

STRINGS.CREATURES.STATS.THERMALCONDUCTIVITY.TOOLTIP

Heat can pass through the selected object at a rate of (W/m)/K

Additionally, the debug menu and sandbox tools also assume everyone uses this unit.

Steps to Reproduce
Choose another temp unit than Kelvin, look at the game messages.

User Feedback

Changed Note: to I'm fixing this up but I won't push it this update since the translations are being worked on right now.

For anyone randomly reading this, it may be useful to know that a change of 1 degree Kelvin is a change of 1 degree Celcius so the actual number doesn't change at all. It's only in the case of Fahrenheit that the numbers need to get scaled.

Share this comment

23 hours ago, JLK said:

Changed Note: to I'm fixing this up but I won't push it this update since the translations are being worked on right now.

For anyone randomly reading this, it may be useful to know that a change of 1 degree Kelvin is a change of 1 degree Celcius so the actual number doesn't change at all. It's only in the case of Fahrenheit that the numbers need to get scaled.

Well, then there's a unit issue. Screenshot attached.

If I create a void zone and try to fill it with oxygen, the default value is 320 and the result is 23.8°C (game is paused)

No idea what's the unit used, but it's neither Kelvin or Fahrenheit or the Celsius value would be (resp.) 46.85 or 160.

Screenshot_20180502_200942.png

Share this comment

The two contexts are different. A change of 1 degree Kelvin is equal to a change of 1 degree Celsius.

In the case of Specific Heat Capacity it is telling you the amount of energy (the number of Joules) you need to change 1 gram of a given substance by 1 degree Celsius. So maybe it takes 2 Joules of energy to change Copper by 1 degree. In Kelvin, it would still take 2 Joules of energy.

What you're talking about here is the absolute temperature and 1 degree Kelvin has a different meaning from 1 degree Celsius, but the context is very different.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Share this comment