OxCD
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi

This sweeper doesn't fill generators.

Receptacle full of coal, priority 4

image.thumb.png.307b3e4131a863d8006e83a8fd2ff42c.png

Auto-sweeper powered and everything in range

image.thumb.png.83f1340d9f7fa2bda5d9936a19ab8a7a.png

Coal generator priority 7. Wired. And I've also tried to move the threshold. Each one of those 3 in-range, are set differently : 0%, 50% & 100%, but nothing better.

image.thumb.png.a7a4b99ef564ddfebd55bce082737d7b.png

If wondering, same automation line.

image.thumb.png.17cc468a1eb79b65e11378bf63502c85.png

Also note that 6 others coal gen at the left are working.

At the begging I had the same issue with 8 of those 9 (yep, exactly same settings, threshold at 50% & priority 7, all over those, but only one sweeper was only filling only one coal gen).

I've set all threshold to 100%, and it seemed to change. Sweepers have begun to provide the coal. I didn't check that much since, but it looks like it still buggy, seeing my problem today.

OxCD's Factory.sav

Thanks !

Steps to Reproduce
Load my save, because it seems random, or depending unkown settings.

User Feedback

Are your coal generators set to 100%?

If not, your batteries are full and the generators are on the default 50%, so your generators never request coal.

Edit: They weren't.

What was happening is they were filling the one with highest priority or closest (or whatever reason) once the battery fell below threshold. Once they filled the battery, they stopped requesting (since the battery would go above threshold), so the others never got their request filled, if they even requested.

Edited by tommytom2k2

Share this comment

@tommytom2k2 When I've reported the bug, I also specified in my first post that I tried different threshold setup for those 3 gen which weren't filled. One was at 0%, the 2nd at 50% and the 3rd at 100%. None of them were filled by the sweeper.

EDIT : the 6 gen at the left were at 100% and were filled. Those 3 faulty were at the exact same setting, before I noticed the bug. But they weren't filled at all. Even they were on same wire, same automation. That's why I've tried to change threshold, and also tried to simultaneously set different threshold, in the reported example above.

Edited by OxCD

Share this comment

5 hours ago, OxCD said:

@tommytom2k2 When I've reported the bug, I also specified in my first post that I tried different threshold setup for those 3 gen which weren't filled. One was at 0%, the 2nd at 50% and the 3rd at 100%. None of them were filled by the sweeper.

EDIT : the 6 gen at the left were at 100% and were filled. Those 3 faulty were at the exact same setting, before I noticed the bug. But they weren't filled at all. Even they were on same wire, same automation. That's why I've tried to change threshold, and also tried to simultaneously set different threshold, in the reported example above.

I tested your save.

the 3 right-most are 0%, 50%, and 100%.

The 100% is filling fine.

Setting them to 100% they are all filling but stop being filled when the generators are turned off (can't request coal if turned off by automation).

Not sure what issue you're are having then.

image.png.e65bc8ad4d6e578b903abc73f961910f.png

Your battery "Active" setting is 60% so you would only drop below 60% (down to your 50% battery threshold) if you were drawing more power than your coal generators can put out (too little or missing coal), so they were accidentally working correctly. Once you added enough to saturate the batteries properly, the threshold started to matter. Should have been at 100% to begin with. That threshold really isn't for automation. It's there for pre-automation so you don't waste a ton of coal/dupe time before smart batteries. IMO, sweepers should just fill and ignore that settings, but easy enough to put it to 100% as well. I think they should also be able to fill generators that are turned off too. I'd rather have a bunch of full generators than a bunch of 30% full ones, etc.

Edited by tommytom2k2

Share this comment

43 minutes ago, tommytom2k2 said:

I tested your save.

the 3 right-most are 0%, 50%, and 100%.

The 100% is filling fine.

Setting them to 100% they are all filling but stop being filled when the generators are turned off (can't request coal if turned off by automation).

Not sure what issue you're are having then.

image.png.e65bc8ad4d6e578b903abc73f961910f.png

Your battery "Active" setting is 60% so you would only drop below 60% (down to your 50% battery threshold) if you were drawing more power than your coal generators can put out (too little or missing coal), so they were accidentally working correctly. Once you added enough to saturate the batteries properly, the threshold started to matter. Should have been at 100% to begin with. That threshold really isn't for automation. It's there for pre-automation so you don't waste a ton of coal/dupe time before smart batteries. IMO, sweepers should just fill and ignore that settings, but easy enough to put it to 100% as well. I think they should also be able to fill generators that are turned off too. I'd rather have a bunch of full generators than a bunch of 30% full ones, etc.

I've played today and the issue didn't happened again, as far as I noticed at least. It seems that the exit-reload between yesterday and today solved the issue. But still, among the 3 right-most, those at 100% were definitely not filled last session I had.

Same (and different at the same time) issue happened when I've built this power plant. Only one gen was filled by sweepers. Even I was running out of power on this wired line. And all of them were set to 100%.

It may be random, and due to hidden factors, but still I do confirm there is something wrong here.

Then, it's not the first time I've issue with sweepers that is solved after reload.

Thanks for your time to investigate anyway :)

Edited by OxCD

Share this comment

For sure. Yeah that sounds like an issue. I have heard of other similar issues with extremely late game saves having to be save/reloaded or even close out the game and reload.

It's probably not really anything to do with how you have them setup or sweepers in general. Think it's just late-game optimization. Sounds like it was not set up optimally, but now it is but still having issues due to an actual late-game bug.

Share this comment