Steel Missing from Inventory + Hot Steam from Refinery

TheRealKillface
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

I've noticed two unexpected behaviors while playing along.

#1 Steel won't show up under world inventory and storage lockers
Also insulation which I spawned as solid material cannot be viewed or stored. 

#2 Refinery outputting hot steam + breaking pipes although liquid is below 70 °C.
Just connect the output with the input as seen in the screenshot, and lots of steam will evaporate, although liquids put in were always below 70 °C.

Savegame

The Prosperous Laboratory.sav

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-29 um 20.07.21.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-10-29 um 20.06.36.png

Steps to Reproduce
#1 Just load the game. #2 Build liquid pipe of any material as marked with the red arrow.

User Feedback

Steel is mistakenly categorized as a raw metal in the world inventory.
As for the steam, the refinery contains polluted water at over 180 Celsius. The specific heat capacity and low evaporation point mean I usually use oil as a (disposable) coolant instead. It is reasonable that the water does evaporate, considering the input is around 50 Celsius, but 180 is a bit high.

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, TheHamez said:

Steel is mistakenly categorized as a raw metal in the world inventory.
As for the steam, the refinery contains polluted water at over 180 Celsius. The specific heat capacity and low evaporation point mean I usually use oil as a (disposable) coolant instead. It is reasonable that the water does evaporate, considering the input is around 50 Celsius, but 180 is a bit high.

Thank you for the steel info.

Regarding the refinery, the polluted water I used was always below 70, the water inside the refinery is cooler than 180, the machine is built to dispose all fluids hotter than 80 °C. So no chance of getting any water inside which would convert to that amount of steam.

Share this comment