Steam still says game is running when game shuts down

Spacehawk
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Whenever i close my game, steam still says running until i shut off steam from taskmanager. I wouldn't report this except there is two issues, one it is making me have to shut down steam every time i want to load up the game as you can't start a game already running, and two it may mess with my family sharing. I have also tried pushing stop from the steam window itself, it does not work

Steps to Reproduce
Start game, close game... that's it

User Feedback

I assume you are trying to launch the game using "OxygenNotIncluded.exe"; I have enountered this issue before as well. Stop using this.

You can launch the game again without error if you launch it from Steam.

In Windows 10 I have this weird shortcut that will also allow you to launch ONI after closing it (again, launching it through steam):
steam://rungameid/457140
This is what I use to re-launch ONI.

Share this comment

15 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

I assume you are trying to launch the game using "OxygenNotIncluded.exe"; I have enountered this issue before as well. Stop using this.

You can launch the game again without error if you launch it from Steam.

In Windows 10 I have this weird shortcut that will also allow you to launch ONI after closing it (again, launching it through steam):
steam://rungameid/457140
This is what I use to re-launch ONI.

That link Works, but I already launch it trough Steam every time. The issue is just that for a whole 5 minutes after we close ONI, steam keeps saying ONI is running. I can actually start the game trough steam while it's doing that, just tested it. But it looks like Steam doesn't detect ONI being closed, or some part of ONI keeps running in the background when it's supposed to be closed.

Share this comment

On 1/29/2020 at 6:51 PM, oni_addict said:

That link Works, but I already launch it trough Steam every time. The issue is just that for a whole 5 minutes after we close ONI, steam keeps saying ONI is running. I can actually start the game trough steam while it's doing that, just tested it. But it looks like Steam doesn't detect ONI being closed, or some part of ONI keeps running in the background when it's supposed to be closed.

i am going to try this next time i run the game but i have checked if anything from task manager says anything about ONI is running but havn't found anything. my experience has also included that the game says ONI is running for at least 10 hours after (i went to bed and that's when i found out. it also will not let me run the game through steam directly. This could all be due to the shortcut however, i will try running through steam itself and see if that fixes it

• Thanks 1

Share this comment