Steam Geyser spawn with 4 thimble reeds disappears on save/load

RonEmpire
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

The Steam Geyser where there are thimblereed growing around it,   disappears after you load and save,  doesn't even leave the seeds behind either.

Steps to Reproduce
Find a map that has the Water Geyser spawn with the thimble reed growing around it. There are 2 types of water geyser types so far that i've noticed. one that spawns with thimble reed and one that spawns with peppernut. When you save the map and then reload later, the plants disappear but no seeds left behind. If you don't save and dig towards the geyser and setup walls to flush out the water. you can acquire the plant seeds or even save the plant from disappearing.

User Feedback

Here are 2 files as example.  

When you first start the game  there are  4 thimble reeds.

Here's a screen shot:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1289581898

That's right before saving and reloading.
When you get that far into the game where the water fills up in such a way,  and you 'save and reload'  all the plants disappear.
(notice in my screen shot I have gone to cycle 14) - no save reload.     BUT if I do save reload,  some plants will be missing.

(oldest file I have is file 11)

File 11 - will show  3  (1 missing).   If you play this file through until it lapses to cycle 16.     And save and reload.   You will notice in the reload ALL the plants will disappear.

If you don't ever save and reload,   and manage to reach the plants, its possible to drain the water and save the plants to get seeds.

On a save reload,   the plant disappears entirely and no seeds are left behind either.  It's basically destroying the plant and seed from existing at all.

You can reproduce this effect by   playing seed 3311984     and dig up.   watch the geyser fill up and fill the room-  go to cycle 11 (maybe sooner).  and you will see it slowly killing the plants on save reloads.

Friends Cycle 11.sav

Friends Cycle 16.sav

Edited by RonEmpire

Share this comment