Spice grinder internal stock dead zone. Stalled grinder.

JRup
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Fixed

Spice grinder will not generate any kind of errand when certain amount of the required ingredients is loaded.

In the first video we can see that there isn't enough blossom seed in internal storage to trigger a supply(?) errand to top off seed contents. We can see that there's enough to comply with the recipe's requirements of 0.1 blossom seed, however, the operation(?) errand to spice up the food item is not triggered/queued.

The food item will go bad in spice grinder's storage as it will never be processed.

My current suspicion is that the internal storage amounts are not being properly tallied to generate either the spice-the-food-up or refill ingredients operation. Removing the food item did not cause any change as recorded. Swapping spice recipes to toggle the refill action and so on, video is split to skip waiting on dupe tasks:

In the second part, a fresh-uncracked blossom seed is loaded after a recipe change is triggered and now we have operating errands, finally:

Steps to Reproduce

Have enough supplies to ensure spice grinder operation.

Check if any spice grinder is stalled. Review internal storage amounts.

Toggle recipes to restock and restore errands...

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have the same issue on Windows and it is very annoying. Sometimes it just works for several cycles, and sometimes I have to click recipe multiple times in one cycle to generate errands. The worst thing about it is that dupes will deliver food for it, even if errand for "cooking" is not working and if I won't check it every so often, everything will just spoil and rot in front of spice grinder.

Maybe food should not spoil inside spice grinder while waiting to be spiced? (looking at examples of Electric Grill and Gas Range, food will never spoil when it is inside any of those two)

I tried to disable spice grinder with automation for few seconds (to "reset it") but that is not fixing errands.

Right now I placed auto-sweeper and 2 storages near Spice Grinder (one with Salt and one with Seeds) and It working so far (food is delivered manually by dupe).
Looks like issue is present when dopes have to deliver everything manually but auto-sweeper delivery could be temporary fix. I will update my comment if it will stop working again, but it still should be fixed (for early game it is nightmare to deal with)

Share this comment

And my last hope stoped working too. I don't know how to use Spice Grinder to not have a pile of rot because there is no errand to cook...

Share this comment

I have the same issue. I can see how this bug might not have priority, but I hope it will be adressed at some point.

Share this comment

Same here, I was about to report it myself and found this topic. It would indead be nice if someone looked at it ;)

Share this comment

If, by all means, this can help the devs, I ran some tests. AFAICT, the grinder ends up stalling :

- If there are multiple dishes filtered to be spiced
- Whether you swap between planetoids or not
- Whether you stay on focus on the Grinder (no matter which tab you are looking)
- Whether there are Auto-sweepers or not (as well as Loaders or Receptacles)
- If Grinder's internal storage is not full

So far, it seems that the Grinder never stalls if there is only one dish filtered. Or, at least, I can tell that one of my Grinders designed to apply Rocketeer Spice on Berry Sludges only never stalled. Also, I never saw a Grinder stall with his storage full.

Almost forgot to mention : saving and reloading your save unstall the Grinder

I'm joining my save file, if it can help. It is focused on my Grinders. The "Freshener Spice" one was stalled when I saved. Since I'm currently producing and spicing quite a lot of food, you should not have to wait long before it stalls again :)

(Just in case : playing on Windows, on the latest live version, with the DLC Spaced Out)

Le Test Privé.sav

Share this comment