Some items can not store.

hypnot1c
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Hi,

I am not sure this is bug or new feature but some items such as Sleet Wheat, Lumber, Reed Fiber(maybe more) can not store in Storage Bin, Refrigerator or Conveyour Loader.

Also their names not is appering on element filter menu when clicking storage. 

The Ironic Factory Cycle 368.sav

Steps to Reproduce

It is general. Some items can't store. there are no names on element filter lists.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Sleet wheat can't be stored in a storage bin for several year now. It is stored in a refrigerator as "cooking ingredient"

I haven't checked lumber and reed fiber in the recent update but I remember they were stored in storage bin as "industrial ingredients". Aren't they in that tab when you discover them now?

I think the items that can't be stored are artifacts, Micronutrient Fertilizer and Microchip.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

17 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Sleet wheat can't be stored in a storage bin for several year now. It is stored in a refrigerator as "cooking ingredient"

I haven't checked lumber and reed fiber in the recent update but I remember they were stored in storage bin as "industrial ingredients". Aren't they in that tab when you discover them now?

I think the items that can't be stored are artifacts, Micronutrient Fertilizer and Microchip.

No. "industrial ingredients" is not list of sorage bin's element filter even discovered lumber and reed fiber.

Checked all items and sweep only storage bin has been not stored. If you have time, you can quick test in the recent update with loaded my save file.

Adsız.png

Share this comment

4 hours ago, hypnot1c said:

If you have time, you can quick test in the recent update with loaded my save file

The problem seems to resolve itself on reload? Loading your save has the "industrial ingredient" category on the bin.

image.thumb.png.f941ae307f70b40938914eb5f425b030.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

4 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

The problem seems to resolve itself on reload? Loading your save has the "industrial ingredient" category on the bin.

image.thumb.png.f941ae307f70b40938914eb5f425b030.png

I have tried more than 20 times. Reloading doesn't work for me. tried to reload one more time, same. No mods btw.

Maybe I should reinstall the game. 

Share this comment

Pffff. Still same issue. Reinstalled game. 

Reloading different days save files same problem. Build: U43-5262-5  

when First day of announcement sweet dreams update, I created this save file. Before hotfix 526233. Maybe it's related. 

@sakura_sk Can you send me last save file if it possible ? I need to be sure before starting new game :) Thanks for help and answers.

Share this comment

Thanks to you, I realized something. When I am loading the save file you sent, 'industrial ingredient' tab is visible however tab name is wihout space character 'industrialIngredient'.

At this point, I guess I have to wait. need to fix.

I appreciate your help.

image.png.00bdf237cd9908241e0e1fcabf7d55ec.png

Edited by hypnot1c

Share this comment

I loaded the save you provided and the Industrial Ingredient category was present. Could you confirm that your issue occurs without any mods enabled?

image.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

6 hours ago, JovanR said:

I loaded the save you provided and the Industrial Ingredient category was present.

Loading the other save (the one in the comment), has different behavior. After loading and while paused, there is no category. (In case you would like to check that one too)

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

@JovanR

All mods was disabled. Uninstalled all mods to be sure After issue occured.

Also I tried to observe with activating debug mode. Related tab is not appearing too after discover items.

Edited by hypnot1c

Share this comment

15 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Loading the other save (the one in the comment), has different behavior. After loading and while paused, there is no category. (In case you would like to check that one too)

But it does show up after unpausing and selecting the storage bin again? I'll have to double check if that's different from the last update.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

9 hours ago, JovanR said:

it does show up after unpausing and selecting the storage bin again?

For me yes, for hypnot1c no (like the video in that comment shows). Only when hypnot1c uploaded my save I made after unpausing, the "industrial ingredient" category shows up on the bin's list but it has no space between the words, which seems weird if it's the same Windows OS on the same version of the game, right? 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, passwasp said:

Hello, same problem here, did you solve the problem or we need to wait for an update?

[Game Hotfix] - 526946 is out at 18 October but Not fixed yet.

We have been waiting. Maybe next hotfix or major update.

Edited by hypnot1c

Share this comment

So far we haven't been able to reproduce the issue and have been unable to determine the cause.

@passwasp Could you attach your Player.log and your save file?

Share this comment

Yes, i can upload. As you can see its the first minutes of my colony and i cant sweep data banks, with no mods to try. Btw where can i find the player.log file? And sorry for my english, it's not my native language. In element Filter screen it says 'Raw Mineral' and 'Critter Egg' @EricKlei

Adsız.png

Tesis.sav

Edited by passwasp

Share this comment

Player.log instructions can be found here

I was unable to reproduce the bug with your save file as seen in this video.

Other things I tried:

• Building the Storage Bin before discovering data disks
  • Building the Storage Bin after discovering data disks
  • Official Korean translation
  • Turkish language mod
  • Disabling "debug mode"

Could you try moving your Documents/Klei/OxygenNotIncluded folder somewhere else and run the game? This folder contains your saves so be careful not to delete it.

Share this comment

Yep, Turkish is actually the always-quoted example for why you should always use ToUpperInvariant/ToLowerInvariant when transforming strings, because upper and lower case of letters is culture-sensitive otherwise.

@EricKlei OS culture, not game language matters for this.

Edited by AyCe
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 10/24/2022 at 8:44 PM, EricKlei said:

Changed Status to Known Issue

I switched my OS to Turkish and was able to reproduce the issue.

Will it be fix?

Share this comment