(SOLVED) Base game saves not available in public_previous version

Tab1
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

SOLVED (With NO THANKS TO KLEI)

Base game saves are marked as save game for space out dlc. I dont have spaced out dlc. I tried to play the game with the new breath of fresh air update but it somehow ruined the save game file too. Now i cant access the save game file created in the base game even with the use of "public_previous_version" of steam.

This seems like gross negligence on part of the developers or done with malicious intent to force the users of base game shift to spaced out. (Dont be like APPLE KLEI). Either way this has been worst update in the history particularly in the manner in which it is implemented.

No advanced heads-up to users, unwanted changed to the base game which should have been part of the dlc, no option to rollback. The developers are really ruining their reputation. LEAVE THE BASE GAME ALONE. We purchased it and we dont want anymore of your "updates"

Save game file attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z1mzGE-vW7FC_cnj17NSBEDZd1r9g8AK/view?usp=sharing

Anyone else having this issue follow these steps

-deupdate

-convert files to local

- then go to
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files
sort the files according the date and delete yesterday files created after releasing update..
there is also a directory RetiredColonies with your base name as its subdirectory where was .json file, I deleted this file too, I don't know or care if this extra step is necessary, because

it works and the game created a new one after you successfully load your good ol' base

Thanks to "Hal9000" on steam discussion (Go say thanks)

with one more step that is deleted your auto saves too that were created yesterday and thats it voila.

KLEI DO BETTER!!!

2.59.png

1.png

Steps to Reproduce

Start the game and try to load the above save game in public previous version

User Feedback

We purchased it and we dont want anymore of your "updates"

you mean that you not want updates

i to seen this issue tho that when you play game in space out base game, you cant play save game anymore at base game only.

Edited by gabberworld

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

We purchased it and we dont want anymore of your "updates"

you mean that you not want updates

i to seen this issue tho that when you play game in space out base game, you cant play save game anymore at base game only.

Yes. I not want updates. At least in the base game. Just leave it alone. If i want the DLC I'll get it. Dont shove it in my face.

Edited by Tab1

Share this comment

When saving to a newer version, usually when a testing branch is available and it always has a warning, the save file cannot be opened again in the earlier one, live branch.

Did you save your game while in the "Breath of Fresh Air" Update? In that case if you try playing it in the rolled back version (public_previous_version option on steam), it wouldn't be possible.

I guess the "Spaced out" mark on the save just marks the different code that was introduced on the Mergedown of base game and DLC, not that you need the DLC to play it. If you deactivate the "public_previous_version" option from steam, you will have access to the saves again (I think..?)

Usually there is no rollback for released updates. I don't know if there is a way to open the save in "public_previous_version" again :-?

Did you try manually moving your saves to a different folder and putting back in, a save from before the update?

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

When saving to a newer version, usually when a testing branch is available and it always has a warning, the save file cannot be opened again in the earlier one, live branch.

Did you save your game while in the "Breath of Fresh Air" Update? In that case if you try playing it in the rolled back version (public_previous_version option on steam), it wouldn't be possible.

I guess the "Spaced out" mark on the save just marks the different code that was introduced on the Mergedown of base game and DLC, not that you need the DLC to play it. If you deactivate the "public_previous_version" option from steam, you will have access to the saves again (I think..?)

Usually there is no rollback for released updates. I don't know if there is a way to open the save in "public_previous_version" again :-?

Did you try manually moving your saves to a different folder and putting back in, a save from before the update?

yes there is.

Share this comment