Solar Panel thermic conduction

Biokimist
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

HI,

I found what I think is a bug.

I can't cool down solar panel from under it. It seem that the floor tile is considered as fill of vacuum if the tile above it is vacuum.

Other thing: That system is in use for about 200 cycle and the solar don't heat them-self in vacuum. It seem that the heat generate by a building is transfert directly to the gaz around it not to the building itself. I gonna try to exploit it to see if it is generalized.

I think the issue cound be fix be give the floor tile of the solar panel a "normal" tile property. Not allowing gaz presence through it.

Thanks for the game. It's great !

NB: there is an global issue when talking about heat transfert in vacuum. I can't put enormous quantity of mined material in contact of a building there won't be any transfert. (there is transfert with tiles / metal tiles etc.. But not with what build on them)

NB2: Hope my English not to bad for you to understand the issue. :)

5bec21e2ed3b3_solarpanelthermicconduction.thumb.jpg.84eadec1e823cf02c2f696b643b60437.jpg

temperature under it.jpg

Some g of water on top of it.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Put some cool gaz box under a solar panel and the solar panel in vacuum

User Feedback

You do not need to cool solar panels at the moment, they do not generate heat. Just makes sure nothing hot (Regolith) falls on them.

Share this comment