Slime and other unstable matter still emit gas under high pressure

GZackham
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I read the ONI gamepedia and find that all unstable matter can not emit gas under pressure higher than 1.8 kg/tile. Practically I find this is true most of the time. But just a few minutes before this rule was broken. I have a high pressure chlorine storage chamber, where I have 2000+ g/tile of pure chlorine gas inside. I put my bleach stone and slime ball inside the storage bin in this chamber. It works fine for a few cycles, but all of a sudden the slime emit one tile of polluted oxygen. I reloaded the game, and at one moment the slime was like crazy. It emit a continuous sequence of polluted oxygen in no more than one second, played the emitting animation for 5 or 6 times.

Steps to Reproduce

Simply wait for enough time and you can see the unusual gas emitting. This issue happened after 2 to 3 cycles of when I put slime in.

太空小屋 Cycle 43.sav

User Feedback

There might be another thing worth mentioning is that this storage bin is next to the liquid airlock. The liquid airlock is consist of 2 tile of liquid, with each tile only contains tiny amount of liquid. I guess this bug may have some relation with this, when the emitting algorithm attempt to find a valid tile to emit gas, it found the tile of liquid airlock. the amount of liquid is not enough to prevent the gas emitting.

Share this comment

Well, I may have some new understanding of this issue.

Just a few moment ago, I see a tile of carbon dioxide inside this chlorine gas chamber. The amount of it is exactly 20g, which is the amount that dupes will produce. That means for some reason, a dupe very occasionally breathed while in a  "holding breath" situation. This never happened before. There are many times when I constructed very large vacuum room, and I never see dupes breath inside vacuum, even without space suits. Maybe it is because it is exactly the time that this dupe is about to exhale CO2 while passing through the airlock. But I have no idea why it does not push away the airlock instead. 

The issue I mentioned may have some relation with this. thus the 20g carbon dioxide floated over the storage bin and let out some gas emitting. Maybe I was too concentrated on the p-oxygen and did not notice the CO2.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I can't check the file right now, but this can also happen when a dupe exhales while inside of a door below the room the CO2 appears. See if there are any doors directly below your chlorine room.

For some reason, it doesn't always see the door as a valid tile. So when a dupe tries to emit CO2 inside of it, it keeps checking the tiles above for fluid tiles to displace. This can also happen with phase changes without a dupe involved. (This behavior was discovered a while ago; I don't know if it's been changed.)

By the way, you can use naphtha (40kg max) on the lower tile of your 2-tile liquid locks to prevent being displaced by breathing or off gassing of volatile debris when passing through. [edit: looks like teleporting CO2 can still happen from below]

Edited by nakomaru

Share this comment