Shove voles stuck in dug tile

SamuraiJones
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

See pic:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1819217805

Shove voles are eating loose regolith pieces, expelling regolith tiles, and then my auto-digger zaps em back into loose regolith. The problem is that voles will burrow into the newly minted regolith tile as soon as they create em, and then they'll be burrowed inside when the digger digs the tile out. Then the voles get stuck in the "burrowed" state even though there's nothing for them to be burrowed into, and they don't seem to move or come out ever. They're just stuck in that weird state.

Upon saving/reloading they appear unburrowed, but as soon as the game starts running, they return to their weird burrowed state. I haven't seen anything that pulls em out of this state, but I haven't messed with it much. They've been stuck there so long they're starving (with food available), so regular feeding/grooming doesn't seem to do it.

In the screenshot, you can see that I clicked on the "vole" and it highlighted the cracks that normally go on top of "buried object" tiles, even though the regolith tile is gone and it's just vacuum behind it. If I click on the critter relocator building, it still shows "2 voles present" -- you can see there's one vole in the corner that I clicked, and one at the base of the incubator, but they're both stuck in that weird burrowed state, so you they look like buried object cracks rather than voles.

(saved game attached)

Anyway, it's two days in early access, so I'm guessing you'll see on the far side of the release, so CONGRATS!!!

The Sneezing Ladies.sav

Steps to Reproduce
auto digger digs out buried vole. It might be that the vole needs to be in the middle of the burrowing animation when the block gets cleared. Sorry i do'nt have a better description, it's hard to experiment on.

User Feedback

This is still unfixed and frankly quite annoying as it's impossible to make Shove Vole stables that work

Share this comment