Second hydroponic farm in a line breaks irrigation for following farms

llunak
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Linux Pending

In the attached save, above the base I have a small farm of Pincha Pepperplants in Hydroponic Farms. As you can see in the picture, in the top row the first two work fine, but the following ones complain about irrigation, as the pipe to them is empty. I couldn't find anything wrong with the pipes or the farms. Removing the second Hydroponic Farm (while keeping the pipe intact) fixes irrigation for the following farms. However, after about a cycle, the now-second-in-a-row farm (previously 4th) causes the same problem.

The same problem can be also seen with Sleet Wheat in the farms below the base, second row, from the right side (the water has frozen already in the pipe there, but that's not the problem, that's a consequence of it).

Screenshot_20180217_223216.thumb.png.bb359c849a6da23dbd7553b5f1bffe03.png

bug - second hydroponic irrigati.sav

Steps to Reproduce
See above.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Ah so not only me. I had this happen with a farm I made and had to make the pipe with individual branches (waste of space) but had to be done.

Share this comment

Yeah, pipes don't like going straight through that many inputs. Build like this:

image.thumb.png.17d1efd7874e422c7981725f3832c79c.png

I do wish that would be changed though, but it's currently just how pipes work.

Share this comment

OH, I have a mental block when it comes to bridges in this game, but you could also do it like this lol. Just note that the bridges give priority on the line.

image.thumb.png.d137f051d3714e63809cc5762027e6ba.png

Share this comment

Yeah this is a problem.

Especially with the need to branch, it makes for really bad thermals for sleet wheat when you have to try to pipe water that won't freeze.
Seems like this is a problem with pipe "exit" dynamics rather than the hydroponics though since it seems like the game will try to block the pipe at the first exit, rather than try to pass the excess on to the next "exit" segment. 

Edited by TekspaR

Share this comment