Sculpting uses building priority and not decorating priority

Azatee
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

I was trying to create a large sculpting block and noticed some of my non-decorating dupes trying to make it. I set them to disallow decorating and saw that they still kept attempting. Looking at the "errands" tab for the sculpting block showed that it was considered a building/construction task not a decorating task.

The only way to get my high decorating skill dupe to build it was to temporarily set his building priority high and disable all other builders.

The decorating priority tooltip says "sculpt or paint to improve colony decor" so sculpting should be assigned with the decorating priority, not the building priority.

EDIT: Disregard, i've now discovered that sculpting is a two stage process. The builders make the block and then the decorator sculpts it.

Steps to Reproduce

Set a large sculpting block task. Set one dupe to high decorating priority and the rest to high building priority and disable decorating priority. The high building priority dupes will sculpt the block, not the high decorating priority dupe.

User Feedback

Edited after i realised that sculpting is a two stage process, first builders construct the block, then the decorators sculpt it. Can't see a way to delete it so i just added a note for the mods to disregard the post

Share this comment