[RU-283915] Research Telescope

yoakenashi
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

1) Research telescope does not require oxygen to operate.

2) Duplicant in atmo suit in telescope does not consume oxygen. In other words, the atmo suit oxygen level remains constant. Otto? Otto, are you still alive? *poke poke* You're not breathing. *poke*

OF_2.sav

20180830212518_1.thumb.jpg.e0c0ed8019e5d3b12ddad47b18cce908.jpg

20180830212523_1.thumb.jpg.49d23b62fcad0fea6fe2e0a18e218004.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
1) Do not complete oxygen line to research telescope 2) Have duplicant in atmo suite use research telescope

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

As far as the building continuing to work goes, I suspect you've previously fed in Oxygen and there's so there's a working buffer built up.

The telescope is considered operational as long as there is oxygen and glass stored in the building. If you click on the building and scroll to the contents section of the Status panel there should be an item telling you how much oxygen remains.

• Like 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, JLK said:

I suspect you've previously fed in Oxygen and there's so there's a working buffer built up.

Nope, that is not the case. As soon as I completed the gas pipe at the telescope's input, the requirement went away and the duplicants were able to use the building. There is and was never any oxygen in the building (or pipe), which is why I considered it a bug.

Still broken in RU-284053

No oxygen:

20180831165947_1.thumb.jpg.39062616316f1342f81ac382f1b24e7d.jpg

Edited by yoakenashi
Updated to RU-284053

Share this comment

Ah, the behaviour was changed from how it used to be. People should no longer consider the telescope workable once the oxygen runs out but a disconnected oxygen pipe or an empty oxygen pipe will still allow the building to work if it has oxygen in it.

Thanks!

Share this comment