Rocket landed only in fragments

blash365
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I found a neat new bug. I had to reload after a crash (rocket was 0.5 cycles away from returning) and noticed that my research module was already back in the hangar.

When the rocket finally was due to return, only the command module made it back, the rest seems to be gone for good.

E6D412A14E879CAE7E51EA6B2E6E9F7B923BFEE6

heydudewhereismyrocket.sav

oilleak Cycle 876.sav

oilleak Cycle 877.sav

Steps to Reproduce
drive through a blackhole

User Feedback

@blash365 :

Did you load your game while your rocket was away in space ? Some people report a lot of bugs when you do so.

It seems that the place where your engine was is filled with regolith. Did you try to mine it before your rocket came back ? I've read somewhere that it can cause bugs too.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Christophlette said:

@blash365 :

Did you load your game while your rocket was away in space ? Some people report a lot of bugs when you do so.

It seems that the place where your engine was is filled with regolith. Did you try to mine it before your rocket came back ? I've read somewhere that it can cause bugs too.

Thanks for the hints. There is a good chance that i had to reload while my rocket was on the way. It takes 9 cycles and my game crashes alot. :/

So far i didnt have any problems with the regolith on the landing pad (it usually gets burned by the thrusters), but maybe it created some oddities this time. I'll check out if clearing the regolith fixes my issue. Given that the research module is already/still in the rocket bay (without any of the other rocket components) in all savegames attached above, i think the rocket broke alot earlier though.:(

Share this comment

Unfortunately clearing the regolith didnt change the outcome of my trip. Only the command module returned and the research station was already sitting in the launching bay. Petrol Engine, Cargo, Fuel Tank, Oxygen Tank and Thruster gone for good.:(

Actually, i dont even get an entombment message for my (enroute) rocket engine anymore when the pad is full of regolith tiles.

Edited by blash365

Share this comment