Rocket Automation not enabling on checklist complete

Gembator
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Even though the checklist for my rocket is complete, the automation port on the rocket never goes to green. I can trick it by adding a switch on the same wire and forcing the signal to green so all the doors open and close as needed and gantries retract. This will allow the rocket to depart on its mission. This effectively makes automation of rockets impossible.

I do use a couple of mods, such as bigger ""camera zoom" out and "pliers fixed". Not sure if there could cause this behavior, but even if they do, they shouldn't. These are core mechanics.

(I also suffer from the solid oxidizer tank priority setting not working, but that is reportedly already fixed in the development branch.)

I can confirm this behavior even after updating to hotfix 471618

20210715233356_1.jpg

20210715233833_1.jpg

UPDATE:

I tried testing with the mods off. I found something interesting - which doubt it has to do with the mods - but may indicate a change to the automation logic.

I turned the switch back to red signal and now the automation signal from the rocket is green. This leands me to speculate that the automation status may now also depend on things like the path of the rocket being blocked by the bunker doors (or something like that). This is making true automation impossible.

The old behavior was working great for me. The only thing I could not fix in automation was detecting incoming rockets in time during a meteor storm. That is the one thing that made automating rockets fully reliable impossible in my current setup as sometimes the incoming rocket does not get detected (in time) for the doors to be open when the rocket lands...

Steps to Reproduce

Not sure, if you cannot create a rocket and see this behavior, I can give you my save file (see below. The second save file is from the moment the rocket leaves in the second screenshot).

User Feedback

Interesting. Attached is a screenshot that shows the rocket gives a green signal, when the checklist is NOT complete...

Something is not alright here.

(Note: the bunker doors on top got demolished as the detectors did not detect the incoming rocket, thus those are not blocking the way...)

20210716140602_1.jpg

I rebuilt one of the bunker doors, and this triggered the output port to go Red again.

This is not desired behavior. We need to know when the rocket is ready to leave so we can open the doors at that time. This is the way it used to work.

20210716141346_1.jpg

Share this comment

I am getting the same problem... This is quite major, and I assume it was unintended.

To add to the problem, once the rocket has been launched once and lands again, the astronaut cannot rejoin because the rocket is set as "Not operational". Even if the bunker doors are open.

Not Operational.png

Share this comment

33 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I am getting the same problem... This is quite major, and I assume it was unintended.

To add to the problem, once the rocket has been launched once and lands again, the astronaut cannot rejoin because the rocket is set as "Not operational". Even if the bunker doors are open.

Not Operational.png

dupes can rejoin, i not have that issue, issue is more like it not launch automatically at all

question is does you save game even work after that when you launch the rocked because my game crash every time  when i todo that

Edited by gabberworld
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

I've had a few crashes that I reported, but I reverted to my first save after the update and it's not crashing anymore...

I'm like... 3250 cycles in and I was just starting to have fun!

Share this comment

Just now, Darnok said:

I've had a few crashes that I reported, but I reverted to my first save after the update and it's not crashing anymore...

I'm like... 3250 cycles in and I was just starting to have fun!

i to have over 7000 cycles , that is the biggest atm . currently i avoiding  use the rockets as it damage my save games. and it happens everytime

Share this comment