Rock Granulator/Pressure Plate interaction error

LeadfootSlim
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I attempted to put a pressure plate under my Rock Granulator so I could disconnect it from the power grid and run it off a battery, but only while a duplicant was standing on it.

However, despite the animation showing the Duplicant moving to the right side of the machine, the pressure plate in the "center" is being activated instead.

Simple Diagram: [1][2][3][4]. This represents the floor under the Rock Granulator.

Expected Behavior: Duplicant is shown to stand on tile [4], so a pressure plate under there should trigger while they are working.

Actual Behavior: Tile [2] is triggered during work. In a closed work room with a door on the left, tiles 3 and 4 never trigger unless a duplicant is ordered to stand there.

I suspect this is a holdover from the pre-release, where Duplicants would stand on tile [2] in front of the Granulator and bash it until it worked.

Steps to Reproduce
Place Pressure Plates under a Rock Granulator and order a Duplicant to work on it. Observe triggering of pressure plates - it defies visual expectation.

User Feedback

Dupes never actually move when interacting with buildings. The animation just moves around. Can observe this with ore scrubbers too.

Share this comment