Repeatable crash

melquiades
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I have a save, just a few minutes away from a crash, it crashes if you leave it alone each time you open it.

The save has a lot of mods enabled, but they don't seem to be the cause of this crash, it has nothing on the logs but this:

Spoiler

System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0)
Storage.DropUnlessHasTags (TagBits any_tags, TagBits required_tags, TagBits forbidden_tags, System.Boolean do_disease_transfer) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Storage.cs:665)
SolidTransferArm.FindFetchTarget (Storage destination, TagBits tag_bits, TagBits required_tags, TagBits forbid_tags, System.Single required_amount, Pickupable& target) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/SolidTransferArm.cs:492)
FetchChore.FindFetchTarget (ChoreConsumerState consumer_state) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/chores/FetchChore.cs:87)
FetchChore+<>c.<.cctor>b__40_0 (Chore+Precondition+Context& context, System.Object data) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/chores/FetchChore.cs:143)
Chore+Precondition+Context.RunPreconditions () (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/demands/Chore.cs:228)
Chore.CollectChores (ChoreConsumerState consumer_state, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] succeeded_contexts, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] failed_contexts, System.Boolean is_attempting_override) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/demands/Chore.cs:639)
FetchChore.CollectChoresFromGlobalChoreProvider (ChoreConsumerState consumer_state, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] succeeded_contexts, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] failed_contexts, System.Boolean is_attempting_override) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/chores/FetchChore.cs:315)
ChoreConsumer.FindNextChore (Chore+Precondition+Context& out_context) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/demands/ChoreConsumer.cs:380)
SolidTransferArm.Sim () (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/SolidTransferArm.cs:363)
SolidTransferArm+BatchUpdateContext.Finish () (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/SolidTransferArm.cs:273)
SolidTransferArm.BatchUpdate (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] solid_transfer_arms, System.Single time_delta) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/SolidTransferArm.cs:353)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1[DataType].Update (System.Single dt) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:66)
StateMachineUpdater+BucketGroup.AdvanceOneSubTick (System.Single dt) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:149)
StateMachineUpdater.AdvanceOneSimSubTick () (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:241)
Game.SimEveryTick (System.Single dt) (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1317)
Game.Update () (at D:/JenkinsWorkspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1293)

Looks like an autosweeper (?), though i think it has to do with the highest (!!) chore i queued, something similar happened to me before but when wrangling a critter i placed on the same critical priority, but i didn't get a save that time. Edit: Upon further testing, I could not find any relation with priorities.

Full output log here:

output_log - copia.txt

Save here:

209.12 Cycle 8296.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Open the save, don't do anything and wait a minute or 2. Game crashes.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Help me out here, i am about to lose my colony to this, i rolled back to an earlier save file and i reached roughly at the same crash point.

Edit: I entered dev mode and destroyed all of the autosweepers i had installed, and the game survived another autosave.

Now i have to find the one responsible for crashing, it might be related to it grabbing a really tiny amount of something. Or the one i hooked to a timer.

Edited by melquiades
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

Found the issue, debugging now.

I'll let you know if find the culprit, but if you're in there now, it is probably caused by a sweeper that can put items into multiple mutually-exclusive containers. For example, if a sweeper had range to feed coal into a Coal Generator and also put algae into a terrarium, then it would likely crash (because coal can not go into terrariums and vice-versa)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

image.png

This sweeper here is one of the culprits, though there might be others. This will be fixed on the next update, thanks for the report!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

Should have hit refresh earlier!

Thank you so much for your help!

I'll look out for more of those kinds of situations with the sweepers. I still had a lot more sweepers to delete, wait rinse and repeat xD

Share this comment