Red signal to incubator does not disable incubator

yoakenashi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

First, the baseline case. A disabled incubator on the right(ish), the errands tab for the incubator say "Building Disabled". Great, cool! Next ...

20200327205508_1.thumb.jpg.71062c401408052e5bd1b712097a1ca6.jpg

... is the incubator on the left(ish) being sent a red signal and saying in the tool tip it is "Disabled by Automation Grid", but it isn't as the errands list still shows a duplicant trying to deliver to the incubator.

20200327205536_1.thumb.jpg.78778fd0519aaf26b4d133270ea4d989.jpg

This makes it very difficult to automate self regulating stables, since even if I disable the incubator when the population reaches desired levels, duplicants and auto sweepers still move eggs to the incubator. If the incubator could correctly be disabled via automation, then new/over population eggs could be swept away (conversely, if the population was low, the duplicants/auto sweepers would move an egg to the incubator to increase the population).

Serene Oblivion.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Build an incubator and send it a red automation signal, see that it still requests and accepts eggs.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Its only turning off the incubation and maybe the hugging errands. If u want truly disable an incubator hide it with machanized doors.

Share this comment

On 3/27/2020 at 11:59 PM, Vacuolum said:

Its only turning off the incubation and maybe the hugging errands. If u want truly disable an incubator hide it with machanized doors.

I am currently fully disabling the incubator by placing it on top of a mechanized door.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:35 AM, SharraShimada said:

They need power...

They need power to be refuse a delivery? Tested: Incubators do not need power to be disabled by automation. I powered the incubator and disabled it via automation signal, and duplicants still delivered to it. I am not interested in receiving the incubation and singing Lullabied buff, I just want to disable the building so eggs will not be delivered to it.

Edited by yoakenashi
Updated power requirement response

Share this comment