Random Crash to Desktop

yudansha1201
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Known Issue

Hello!

I've been enjoying the game for about 8 hours, and have started to get a random (as far as I can tell) crash to desktop. At first I could play for a while between crashes, but now it seems to happen after just a few minutes of play. I can provide my save file if you need it, and it looks like dumps were captured for 3 other instances as well.

SimDLL_CRASH_release_247630_20171225-20.53.12.dmp

Steps to Reproduce
Play game as normal. Over time, crashes to desktop increased in frequency. I know that's not super helpful. I can provide my save and a few more dumps if needed.

User Feedback

Yes mine has been having this problem frequently since yesterday, it is running then it just minimizes down to the desktop with only the icon, but the music is still playing. And I assume still running. It did this every 2 mins or less of gameplay. 

I have been been playing for nearly 90 cycles and have only now just been having this problem, it makes things pretty unplayable when the game just disappears to icon so frequently.

Edited by Idonotkare

Share this comment

EDIT: making my own bug report; Didn't know if I should make one or add to another similar crash report. Sorry.

Edited by AileTheAlien

Share this comment

1 hour ago, AileTheAlien said:

I've also got random crashes. Since this thread's still "pending", I thought I'd add my log and save file here. I think it might be related to my hydrogen filter somehow? Seems to happen reliably when I'm messing with my ventilation system, although I've had other random crashes in this game too. I've got debug mode enabled, although I only used it to look at the map and cheat a bit on the exploration. Not sure what's up; I was playing a previous colony over the Xmas weekend, up to about cycle 150 without any crashes. Maybe it's actually debug mode? I wasn't cheating at all when I bought the game at Xmas. I'm on Linux.

Player.log

Shady Sands Cycle 144.sav

Can you please make your own report, until the source of the crash is determined there is no way of telling if someone has the same problem as you so posting in someone else's report just confuses everyone on who has what problem and what debugging steps they should take.

Edited by AlexRou

Share this comment