Rancher does not groom Shine bug. rancher choose Idle instead.

scycos
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

When I play this game, I always tame Shine bug and made numerous of shine bugs..

But in this [Clone Lab], I groomed hatch,,,,and I try to groom shine bug but I failed...

At first, there was no stable (grooming station was out of stable) and it does not work. So I made 2nd try.

20180824141542_1.thumb.jpg.ef705261e64b6481da588f6b1d35db22.jpg

Image 1 : I made Stable but Rancher does not groom (there is a wild shine bug in stable.)

(Rancher priority was HIGH, Stable's priority was 9)

20180824142510_1.thumb.jpg.1feab87946e6cea6a454f920daf8dffd.jpg

Image 2: I thought machines can be problem, and I made smaller stable of no machines included.

20180824142729_1.thumb.jpg.19458067c431d77fb836475caf098a3d.jpg

Image 3: Rancher is idle

20180824142900_1.thumb.jpg.2e16959e91870cb2aa754d8d19888440.jpg

Image 4: I made her Seasoned Rancher (from Rancher) but.. idle too.

I experienced that A farm tile has a error and cannot be planted and cannot be destructed.

I thought this can be similar problem, so I destruct grooming station and construct again, but it does not work too.

This is image of the farm tile. I gave up and construct another farm tile below.

20180824145046_1.thumb.jpg.a6d1820dd2a841915ec5d622182c2cf8.jpg

Rancher groomed hatch at night.

20180823225236_1.thumb.jpg.cd38fc7ea4ee6481eef27ec289f01a41.jpg

Clone Lab.sav

20180824142854_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I said everything upon, but I changed Rancher's schedule twice. Because Hatch appears at night. So rancher worked at night. After hatch reaches some number, I want Rancher to groom shine bug instead of hatch. So I change Rancher's schedule as normally.

User Feedback

Changed Status to Known Issue

So... it looks like your rancher is not grooming the Shine Bugs because they are actually Shine Nymphs (baby Shine Bugs), and baby critters do not currently allow or require grooming. Grooming mostly makes critters happy, and baby critters are just naturally happy.

I don't think there's currently anywhere in the game that tells you that baby critters can't be groomed, so it's understandable you wouldn't know! We'll need to look at making it more clear what's going on in the future.

Thanks for the report, and sorry for the confusion!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

Daaamn. That's an old known issue. I had the same problem today. I figured: "well, maybe baby critters can't be groomed". Didn't seem to make sense to me, but I thought it's possible. Then they matured, I looked at the grooming stations errands and what do I see? No critters available. I had to google it, it turned out that they were already groomed when I wasn't looking, but the station should say something like "no ungroomed critters available". Everything works as devs intended but the game can be bad at telling me what the devs intended. 

It's similar with radbolts. There is no in-game entry about the actual radbolt projectile leaving me perplexed as to why my dupes are losing health. Well, maybe it's the new manual radbolt generator? Sure it is, but the game didn't tell me.

I guess it would serve me well to observe new stations in work but I'm way too chaotic for that. And I still do love the game, it's just that I wish it was a little more friendly to new players. 

Also I have some kinda PTSD after playing 200 hours of Prison Architect which is buggy as hell and every time I see something that resembles a bug I freak out and run to make a report.

I hope you guys will keep working on the game and in addition to making new features you'll iron out some kinks.

Share this comment