Pufts Stuck Expelling Waste

Astronut1984
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Pufts of all types repeatedly become stuck expelling waste. They they do not move and cannot be interacted with without reloading the game. When I reload the game they reset and start eating again so whatever they had eaten previously is lost. I have mostly noticed this with wild pufts but that is likely to be biased as I rarely ranch them (so far). I have seen this issue reported else where  but with no update for over a year so I don't know if it had been considered fixed?

Thanks in advance for anything you can do.

Naomi

Scientific Supernova.sav

Player.log

Steps to Reproduce

Have some pufts. Leave them alone to consume the approapriate gases for a while. Check on them periodically. Notice that one or more has stopped moving and is stuck expelling waste.

User Feedback

Sounds like a pathing failure... They only expel waste when they "stop moving" or "can't move". Just like Morbs. If the pathing has failed, and they see no new location to move to, they would just sit and spit. I wonder if they died and the game just didn't remove them, after death. (Possibly explaining the inability to interact with them. Reloading would then just activate a new Puft, since it recorded a Puft at that location.)

Any way you could check the age of one that you knew had "frozen", from a prior save. Then check the age of the one after reloading, to see if it just respawned a replacement Puft with a newborn age?

Share this comment

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I should clarify that I meant that the dupes can't interact with them. I can still look at their info but they can't be wrangled or (on the rare times I've attempted it) groomed. I don't think the puft should have died in my current game. It is in an enviroment that is suitable for it and it hadn't been very long since it's parent died of old age. It's current age is 13 which doesn't seem unreasonalble for the time that had passed since it was a puftlet.

What could cause pathing failure? It's currently in a big space thats pretty open so it shouldn't be the layout of the space.

I'm not sure which autosave it was that was the last before I reloaded (left it an hour or so before reporting) so I'll run the game forward until it happens again and report back with before and after ages.

Thanks.

Naomi.

Share this comment

Hi,

It took another 12 days for the glitch to recur. The Puft was 26 days old when I noticed the glitch (Pic 1). I left it another day before reloading to show that it hadn't moved and was still stuck (Pic 2) at which point it was 27. When I reloaded it was still 27 but was now able to move (Pic 3). So it doesn't look like a replacement but it did load in the exact same position as in picture 2 before instantly flipping to the position you see it in in picture 3 (without unpausing the game).

When I first noticed the glitch I also took a screenshot with the pathing shown (Pic 4) and it looks like it should be able to get to lots of places.

Any thoughts or anything else I can test?

Thanks.

Naomi

PuftStuck.jpg

BeforeReload.jpg

AfterReload.jpg

Pathing.jpg

Edited by Astronut1984
Renaming pictures for clarity

Share this comment