Problem with Microsoft Visual C++

Xelodaki
  • Closed

Hi!

Game crashes when hitting "new game", it says that my pc doen't have Microsoft Visual C++ installed. I reinstalled it couple times and restart my pc. Still doesn't work. Also reinstalled game

I've been reading other topics about this problem, nothing has helped :( would be nice to play this game.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Start a new save.

User Feedback

2 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

You're installing the 2015 64 bit runtime? Are there any errors that occur during the installation?

Yes, vc_redist.x64, no errors when installing it

Share this comment

If you browse to this location, does the file simdll.dll exist? And if not, could you please try validating your cache?

D:/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Plugins/

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Cheerio said:

If you browse to this location, does the file simdll.dll exist? And if not, could you please try validating your cache?

D:/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Plugins/

simdll.dll exists and all files succesfully validated.

d75587ec659eb53afa9e79a930bb6d0f.png

Share this comment

Sorry it seems like there's something missing on your system and the log doesn't give me enough info to know what that might be. If you're comfortable with it, do you think you could download Dependency Walker and then open the simdl.dll file and then save the result and upload it? That should hopefully let me know why the game won't start.

Share this comment

Just now, Cheerio said:

Sorry it seems like there's something missing on your system and the log doesn't give me enough info to know what that might be. If you're comfortable with it, do you think you could download Dependency Walker and then open the simdl.dll file and then save the result and upload it? That should hopefully let me know why the game won't start.

I'll give it a try.

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Not really sure if this is what you are looking for:

SimDLL.dwi

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, Xelodaki said:

Not really sure if this is what you are looking for:

SimDLL.dwi

Yes that's exactly it. Could you also send me a screenshot of what the top left panel with just the root expanded? It should look something like this:

missing.png

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Yes that's exactly it. Could you also send me a screenshot of what the top left panel with just the root expanded? It should look something like this:

missing.png

Here you go.

0ac2ee44cb753155807462d779ae14e1.png

Edited by Xelodaki

Share this comment

This seems to be the same issue that you've been having. The recommendations are to make sure Windows is fully up to date(specifically that KB2999226 is updated) and then try uninstalling/reinstalling the VC runtime.

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

This seems to be the same issue that you've been having. The recommendations are to make sure Windows is fully up to date(specifically that KB2999226 is updated) and then try uninstalling/reinstalling the VC runtime.

YES, thanks a TON to you, installing KB2999226 update fixed the crash, im so happy :)

Share this comment