Pressure damage

vzalan
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

I have create a liquide tank to store water (and polluted water). I used granit as a building material, 2 tiles for the sides and it had origininally ground underneath. The tank was half full (you can see it on the screenshot at on other time) and there were never any tiles breaking. Later I added a cooling tank under this tank, which resulted in damaging tiles (the bottom of the upper tank, bottom of the screenshot), because it was only 2 tiles thick, of course the water poured out of it. I fixed the bottom, now it does not crack, but the sides are getting damaged constantly, even though there is barely some water in the tank now. I check the amount of water in the corner (on the image, at that time) it was ~1100 kg. That seems perfectly normal to me and that same wall could hold around 6 times as much water, I am guessing it is a bug.

There is a water pipe in the left side, but only the left tile. There is nothing inside the right tile. 

Note that the water / polluted water is pouring from above the left side of the tank, where the damage happenes. This might be important.

Screenshot (7).png

I have a fking builder.sav

Steps to Reproduce
I have attached the save. I have also managed to reproduce this bug, by editing the lower tank (that can be accessed if you open the save): * Find the ceiling of the bottom layer (the lower tiles that allow liquid to flow through) * On the right side: .....| ----| (this is the lower layer) Build the following, using the tile that allows gas to pass through, but not water: ...#.| --##| Basicly leaving one free space next to the wall and surround it with those tiles. In my case, the tiles next to this free space broke.

User Feedback

Make extra sure that each tile is in fact granite. You can do that in the details tab after you click each tile.
I've noticed if you run out of the selected build material they just start using random other resources and build it anyway.

Share this comment

27 minutes ago, noldevin said:

I've noticed if you run out of the selected build material they just start using random other resources and build it anyway.

Which is something that should be changed, or at least given an option so it can be turned off.

Share this comment

I had a similar problem happen in my fresh water tank when some polluted water dripped into the lower left corner, except it was the two bottom tiles constantly taking damage. After dealing with the polluted water so it wouldn't drip into the tank anymore and having my dupes mop up  the small amount of polluted water that got into the tank, I noticed the damage was still happening. So, while they were making repairs I queued up building some extra tiles under that location. When the repairs and additional tiles were completed a large amount of polluted water suddenly appeared in that corner even though no more was dripping in from above. Since I was watching this area like a hawk during the repair and building of additional tiles I saw the polluted water gush in as if it has come out of the tiles that had been damaged. This leads me to think, maybe the tiles that were taking damage were also absorbing the polluted water that dripped in before I noticed.

Unfortunately I no longer have a save file from when this happened, but hopefully my description of what I saw will help the devs narrow down the cause of this bug.

Share this comment

Normal amount of 1 polluted water block is 800kg. As you can see in this screenshot there is 1155kg of polluted water. Seems like, Carbon Dioxide and small amount of clean water at bottom are blocking the spread of polluted water.

aa.png

Anyway this is non realistic or seems like a bug :(

Share this comment