Power tranformer letting more than 1Kw at low end

Happy1dog
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

one of my wire bridges just broke with more than 2Kw running through it. I jumped into a test save and put 1200w on a PT and 1200 went through. 

20190113195912_1.jpg

20190113201847_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
put more than 1Kw on the low end of PT.

User Feedback

I´m not sure, but the heaters go up and down all the time. So the displayed wattage may be the peak, not the current wattage really used. 

In that case, there would be only 1kw, even if the power line shows 1.2kw.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

I´m not sure, but the heaters go up and down all the time. So the displayed wattage may be the peak, not the current wattage really used. 

If I'm right, this little gauge is more of a small energy storage.

If the power in input is enough for the buildings on the output wire, the power transformer will not store energy.

If there's much power than necessary, it will store some energy (1 kJ for the small transformer, 4 kJ for the large one)

If there's not enough power for all the buildings on the output wire, the power transformer will use a part of the energy stored to ensure that most of the buildingss work.

In this last case, and if the input power is enough for the standard 1 kW, then the power in the output circuit will rise above 1 kW. And so, it will take damages. ;) 

So it's not really a bug, it's just that the power transformer also act as a small battery.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

it was holding at 1.2Kw.

1 hour ago, Gwido said:

If I'm right, this little gauge is more of a small energy storage.

If the power in input is enough for the buildings on the output wire, the power transformer will not store energy.

If there's much power than necessary, it will store some energy (1 kJ for the small transformer, 4 kJ for the large one)

If there's not enough power for all the buildings on the output wire, the power transformer will use a part of the energy stored to ensure that most of the buildingss work.

In this last case, and if the input power is enough for the standard 1 kW, then the power in the output circuit will rise above 1 kW. And so, it will take damages. ;) 

So it's not really a bug, it's just that the power transformer also act as a small battery.

" Protects circuits from overloading by increasing or decreasing Power flow. " - in game description

if it's not a bug then it needs to be reworded and explained better.

also, this is the first time I've ever had this happen in the previous builds of the game it would never let power go over 1Kw even if there was over 1Kw draw. if it doesn't lock the power output to 1Kw and 4Kw then what was the point of splitting the 5Kw?

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, Happy1dog said:

also, this is the first time I've ever had this happen in the previous builds of the game it would never let power go over 1Kw even if there was over 1Kw draw. if it doesn't lock the power output to 1Kw and 4Kw then what was the point of splitting the 5Kw?

I played since the cosmic upgrade, and it always worked this way.

In a way, the power transformer really protects your circuit from overloading, since you can't connect directly a standard wire to a high watt wire without having overpowered damages. :) 

But I guess this small energy storage was originally made to prevent buildings from stopping to quickly in case of shutdown. So it could be reworked.

Share this comment