Polluted Water waterfall

velikov
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have noticed that polluted water is creating waterfall inside the pool and increasing the amount of water in the tile bellow over allowed quantity.
I believe if I mop up the water in the left tile it will fix itself, I haven't tried it yet.

image.thumb.png.4c1ebac9692da056bf51ec4913c6325b.png

Steps to Reproduce

I am not sure, it happen by itself.

User Feedback

@HagenAizen This is standard behavior, and has been even before the DLC existed.

Agreeing with @degr here. Check the gas overlay and you should see two different density gases stacking vertically in the "problem" area (CO2 and PO2 in all likelihood). What you're getting is a natural instance of an escher waterfall:

@asurendraNo, the game will not crash. But consequences will be hilarious if enough water accumulates before the escher waterfall is naturally resolved.

In short, not a bug but a feature revealed through natural gameplay.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, JRup said:

@asurendraNo, the game will not crash. 

Game has limitations on how much water/gas can be in one cell. Thats enormous amount which hard to reach with artificial infinity storage. But natural geyser after some time can do it, and at that exact moment you meet "black hole eat my game" 

• Like 1

Share this comment

10 hours ago, asurendra said:

Game has limitations on how much water/gas can be in one cell. Thats enormous amount which hard to reach with artificial infinity storage. But natural geyser after some time can do it, and at that exact moment you meet "black hole eat my game" 

There shouldn't be any kind of distinction when it comes to infinite storage natural or manually built, even debug mode allows for arbitrarily large amounts of mass to be pasted into the game in a single tile (sandbox has actual limits). Manually creating infinite storage just distributes mass across the tiles where this happens.

I'd only expect a cutoff point where the game no longer adds mass thus "losing" it into the limitations built into the game itself. Unless we consider an overflow exception to be a viable way to stop this behavior. Can you provide an amount where the game will halt?

I'm still waiting for that black hole to happen.

Share this comment

Hm... Ive checked that in sandbox and looks like I was wrong. I successfully accumulated 50 kt of water in one cell and nothing bad happened. Maybe this crash has been fixed in previous update... Sorry for disinformation 

• Potato Cup 1

Share this comment