Polluted Water from nowhere

Naj
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I'm sorry if this isn't a bug but I can't for the life of me figure out what is happening or find an answer online. 

There's one room in my colony where polluted water just appears for no reason every once in a while and spills into the rest of my base. I thought maybe something was wrong with the pipes as I have the bathroom right above it but I was finally able to catch it and it literally just comes from nowhere. Nothing happens with the pipes, there's no ice that melts there's really no source it could come from and it always happens in this one room. I was able to record it. In the video you can see it come from nowhere just to the left of the manual generator. 

Copy of my save file is just before this happens.

Side note, chose the name Leaky Shelter from the random name gen for this save and apparently its true

Steps to Reproduce

No idea honestly, I cant find the cause and have never had this happen before.

User Feedback

seems somesort bug, if look that video, it started happen exactly same time when your upper liquid pump started work

Share this comment

19 hours ago, gabberworld said:

seems somesort bug, if look that video, it started happen exactly same time when your upper liquid pump started work

O that's a good point! Ill have to watch for that. It definitely doesn't happen every time the pump goes though either. Its really strange. Sometimes it seems like it happens once every couple cycles, sometimes it doesn't happen for a long time.

Share this comment

I found your problem:
20210706013020_1.thumb.jpg.e279c1d33b38bac1510c19ad20654c84.jpg

That door is closing on the polluted water and, as explored here, causing the polluted water that gets trapped in the door to go upwards until it finds somewhere that it can be a liquid - in the case of your map, that just happens to mean that it goes through a bunch of natural terrain, an airlock door on your Drecko ranch, and the wall of said ranch, before popping up in your Bristle Blossom farm. If you dig out the tile immediately above that mechanical airlock, the polluted water will instead pop out there, and flow back into the geyser room.

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Autoskip said:

I found your problem:
20210706013020_1.thumb.jpg.e279c1d33b38bac1510c19ad20654c84.jpg

That door is closing on the polluted water and, as explored here, causing the polluted water that gets trapped in the door to go upwards until it finds somewhere that it can be a liquid - in the case of your map, that just happens to mean that it goes through a bunch of natural terrain, an airlock door on your Drecko ranch, and the wall of said ranch, before popping up in your Bristle Blossom farm. If you dig out the tile immediately above that mechanical airlock, the polluted water will instead pop out there, and flow back into the geyser room.

oh

my

lord

I didn't know the liquid could travel up like that, especially so far! That has to be a bug right??

Share this comment

47 minutes ago, Naj said:

oh

my

lord

I didn't know the liquid could travel up like that, especially so far! That has to be a bug right??

its bug yes but some people use advantage about that

Share this comment