Polluted water creates oxygen?

G315t
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I just returned to this game with the latest patch installled. And now I see that polluted water creates polluted oxygen out of nowhere. So the pressure in the room with the polluted water rises and rises. Why does it create polluded air  instead of just pollute the air that is in the room? All areas that have polluted water in them will reach max air pressure at one point. 

Steps to Reproduce

Just watch an enclosed area with polluted water inside. 

User Feedback

I'm pretty sure this has always been the case.  Polluted water and dirt both off gas.  They don't pollute the air, they create polluted air.  You can't keep a vacuum when you have polluted water or dirt present.

Share this comment

I've seen this happen quite often.
You end up with rooms that are like 5kg+ of polluted oxygen after some time. I think game gets confused when you have polluted water and CO2 in same room. That CO2 seems to cause water to offgass constantly since it has pressure below 1800. And resulting polluted oxygen concentrates above CO2 constantly increasing in quantity.
I've seen rooms with 10K+ pressure when going onto new asteroid after long time (few hundred cycles+).

Share this comment

So if this is not a bug but per design I can actualy use it as a second Oxygen production way to reduce Algae consumption? I mean there is so much overpressure around my base now and most of that is polluted oxygen that it may as well serve as  one of my main oxygen sources when I remove the germs from it.   

Share this comment