POI Shinebugs do not have enough space

PhailRaptor
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The thought struck me recently, so I thought I'd check.  The POI that spawns in the Caustic Biome with 3 Shinebugs and the 2 ruins Computers in it, is too small for the 3 Shinebugs.  This makes them Overcrowded, affecting their Happiness and making them Glum.  This will prevent them from dropping Eggs, which will result in their demise long before the player could ever reach them to liberate the poor saps.

The size of the POI should be increased.  The number of Shinebugs could also be reduced, but I don't think that would be as good of a solution, given the limited nature of Shinebugs as they are already.  It just doesn't make any sense to include a feature like this when the player will never see it or appreciate it due to the mechanics of a component of that feature.

B0352D379DD094150930047FEDCE38EB20AFA9DD

As you can see, this screenshot is taken via Debug on cycle 1, just after spawning the map.  All 3 of the Shinebugs are Glum, and as such will not produce an Egg before they die.

Steps to Reproduce
Not applicable.
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Wouldnt they be in stasis until you find them? usually when you reveal them in FOW it will say "Wild" at the edge as if the critter has only just been deemed active

Share this comment

8 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Wouldnt they be in stasis until you find them? usually when you reveal them in FOW it will say "Wild" at the edge as if the critter has only just been deemed active

That only lasts until you break the FoW though, right?  Seeing as the Shinebug's lifespan is rather short, you don't really have a lot of time to go dig them a bigger room before they run out of time.  While Glum, they will not make any progress towards an egg, whether they are wild or not.  You'd have to dig them out basically within a Cycle of discovering them.

Share this comment