Phantom Queued up dig tiles stay on screen

Ejmaster313
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

It leaves a remaining image of the dig commands i queued that are stuck on the screen. Strangely, the ladder tiles come and go depending on the position of the screen.

onibug2.png

onibug1.png

Steps to Reproduce

Seems to happen on the ice planet but could just be any other planet other than the first two. I begin digging in the bottom part of the ice planet when this started showing.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Yeah, this seems to happen in any pre-Merge Update save I've opened since getting the patch installed for me too.

Edit: Spoke too soon. It's happening in a new game, but curiously, the effect seems to not be centered on my base like it is for my other saves, it's way off to the right.

Edited by ashridah
  • Like 2

Share this comment

I am running into this game breaking bug, I will just paste my reddit thread here:

r/Oxygennotincluded - Game breaking bug, ghost tiles

I have SO! purchased but I am only playing the base game. I have ALL mods uninstalled. I even tried reinstalling the game from scratch and deleting ALL local files and saves. No matter what these ghost tiles keep ruining my day. EVERY game I try to start, about 5 minutes in and this mess will happen. I can't even circumvent the issue by leaving when I see it. Once it's there, it's stuck there forever. Completely prevents me from playing this game; really sucks too, I just started getting into this game and I am so addicted :(

Edit: to explain a little more it seems to have something to do with duplicating my pointer and copying any input I make but on another part of the screen at the same time. I once or twice have been able to reproduce the issue and then delete the ghost tiles, but this doesn't always occur. I'm sure this has SOMETHING to do with the merge, seeing as I didn't experience these issues before a couple of days ago, but I just have no idea how to fix this....

Edit2: You can't tell from my pic, but the phantom tiles will actually occur with any queued up tiles, not just dig ones, I had some build tile ghosts tiles too.

Edited by Watsonator

Share this comment

@Watsonator It seems to go away for me when they actually complete those commands. If you are dying to play now, you could maybe queue less commands so it blocks up less of the screen.

Share this comment