Overheating

Jastiari
  • Pending

This wasn't an issue until the most recent update...TU-211197, but my small batteries are overheating within 2 cycle even though I have them built in a snow biome, near 2 wheezeworts and the only power draw from them is two lights and the novice research center.  It started too early in the game to have any technology to even combat them overheating, I had to deconstruct and reconstruct them since the dupes are wasting all my start of the game metal repairing them.  As you can see they are vented, and not put right next to each other but the temperature continues to rise.

20170323174012_1.jpg

20170323174013_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Start a new game and place small batteries

User Feedback

Just made a post about this, Probably put it in the wrong place, but wanted to submit a bug report then I saw this, 

I have the same Issue I will submit a new bug report though. It goes deeper than small batteries, its also the food maker and Super computer as well. Games unplayable.

Share this comment

In that top screenshot, the batteries are in an area with almost no pressure(8.9g of oxygen), so the batteries are going to have a really hard time cooling down. Could you please upload your save file?

Share this comment

I believe this is the same bug that I submitted, so thought I would post here. Over heating happens in seconds for things like the super computer. Gas pressure is good/better than I normally bother with. Started again after this 8 meg patch because of overheating, Thought I made a mistake, 

But I can't for the life of me even get a game off the ground like this.

Artazan.

20170324000957_1.jpg

20170324001010_1.jpg

20170324001016_1.jpg

20170324001030_1.jpg

Share this comment

I haven't gotten far enough for a super computer yet, too busy deconstructing, building, and repairing batteries.  Since the thermal upgrade I have never had a problem with the little batteries in the ice biome no matter the air quality, until this last patch.  It's hard to get a good air quality and flow when your dupes do nothing but repair overheated batteries.

Share this comment

Snow Biome?

Till this last 8 meg patch I came charging into a new game, Cut open a small base, Throw down 2x small batteries next to each other and then the food maker and both science buildings int he same small gap,

Patch comes along and now I can't even get a single small battery to work. let alone mine all the way to a snow biome just to kick start the game with a small battery.

I think something broken, I have never even seen a small battery break till a few hours ago.

Share this comment

Cheerio,

Thanks for the feedback, I added an algae deoxidizer between two new batteries and that did help with the overheating.  Just never had the oxygen level matter that much in the last patches... guess it's time to go back to school for thermodynamics lol.

Share this comment