[OS X] Save error

Jagulard
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

Client occasionally crashes when I try to save game, giving the same error (see attached). The drive has over 1.6 TB free space.

System: OS X (10.10.5), 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 24 GB Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

ONI_save_error.png

Steps to Reproduce
I have been unable to reproduce it- it happens at different points in the game, after different actions- and sometimes no action at all.

User Feedback

It looks like there are too many files open on your system. This could be a bug with Oxygen Not Included but it could also be something else running on your system. If it happens again, could you please try the steps listed here and see if Oxygen Not Included is the app with all the open files or if it's a different app on your system. By default your system should be able to open about 256 files at a time so you will most likely be looking for an app that has a few dozen files open.

Share this comment

Well, I've been waiting for it to happen, but no luck. A couple of points, though:

1. I'm pretty sure I had not reached the file limit- I certainly did not have so many open, but I can't say for sure that Safari wasn't doing something in the background.

2. Is is possible this is related to the sound problems I've been having? Sound effects (in-game and UI) are intermittent, and sometimes cut out entirely, or they repeat as if on a loop. I'm wondering if those sound files would count towards the file limit?

Share this comment